Chapter 24

Chapter 24 is up. Thank you for being patient !

¥¥¥

** Victoria's POV **

Work.

Again .

And again.

If only I could run away from it. But we all need it.

That's why I was so relieved when my phone started ringing on my desk. Then my relief turned to slight confusion when I saw Stella's name appear on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hi Victoria." I smiled at Stella's voice on the other line. "How are you, sweetheart?"

"Stella. I'm fine. How about you?" I asked almost hesitantly.

If I was away, I would probably panic thinking something happened to my mother.

"I'm fine. I know you must be busy with the company. But I would us to meet for lunch. Is that okay with you?"

"Yes. No problem. Where do you want us to meet?"

"I'll send you the address. Could we meet at one?"

"Yes." I nodded even if she couldn't see me.

"Alright. See you later." She replied before we hung.

I placed my phone black and let out a sigh.

Elena.

That was the first thing that came to my mind after I hung up. She must have told Stella about the other day.

This can't just be a coincidence.

****

"I'm going out for lunch with your mom." I said from Jason's office's doorframe.

"My mom? Why?"

I shrugged crossing my arms. "I don't know. She just called me and asked me to meet."

He sighed rubbing his face. "I'm sure it's Elena and her big mouth. She just had to open it."

"You didn't want your mom to know?"

"Of course I did. I just wanted to tell her myself. And Elena just had to go tell. I'm going to torture her." He said annoyed and I laughed.

"Normal people will say 'kill', not 'torture'."

He smiled. "Why are standing over there?"

"Because we can talk to each other from this distance."

"Barely."

I ignored what he said and continued. "And I'm leaving now. I just wanted to tell you."

He leaned back against his chair. "Am I not getting a goodbye kiss?"

"No. Since I'll be back later." I said and quickly closed the door walking away.

He is fast and I wasn't going to wait for him to get up, or he would have reached me. I don't want to look weird, distracted or anything else when I see Stella.

****

"Victoria!" I heard Stella's voice as soon as I walked in the restaurant.

She was sitting by the table near the glass and was waving at me with a smile. I didn't waste time and went to meet her.

"I'm happy to see you, Vicky." She smiled standing up before wrapping her arms around me.

I hugged her back. "You too, Stella. I'm sorry I'm late."