Willow is quick to cover up the abnormality by pulling the hair out from the sides of her face. Oak notices her frantic movement as he brings his voice to a whisper, speaking in their traditional fairy language, "Why must you still hold onto this fear, sister?"

She replies similarly, "These people are much less welcoming to our kind than Durmstrang."

Oak showed a look of sympathy for his sister as he went through the same fear of acceptance for years. He wanted nothing more for his sister than to feel the overwhelming pride that he felt. Anyone could see his assurance in his heritage, with his long shaggy hair pulled back into a messy bun - revealing his pointed ears. He had intricate brown leather straps lacing his wrists, laden with charms and traditional fairy symbols. Enchanted ink traced his skin, the wood grain pattern peeking out from underneath his dark sleeves. To draw attention to his shifting, kaleidoscope eyes that were currently a vibrant green in excitement, he had pierced his right eyebrow with a steel stud.

Oak clearly commanded the attention of many, including the pure-blooded Slytherins. Willow could already see other Slytherins exchanging glances and whispers down the table. Irritation bubbled up inside her, but she forced it down. It wasn't Oak's fault, or the pureblood Slytherins, it just was. It just was old prejudice, it was a taught behavior, it was pride - it was just plain stupid.

Oak glanced at her, sensing her change in mood the way he always did. "We'll talk about this later."

>>> • <<<

After a long trudge from the Great Hall, Draco approached the girls within the first minute of their arrival in the common room. A prideful strut and a malicious smirk decorating his features as he spoke.

"Strange language you and your brother speak, Brodigan." Malfoy curiously puzzled with a lifted eyebrow. "It's almost as if it's inhuman." He chuckled to himself. "Care to quench my curiosity?"

"It should be no concern of yours." Jordan said sternly as she took a protective step in front of Willow. "It's a family matter." Draco looked at Jordan mildly confused.

"I was just curious about his ears, what is up with that?" Draco laughed along with the two brainless friends shadowing him.

Willow shoves Jordan behind her with fury burning in her eyes, her hands clenched into painful fists as she speaks out in a sore and raspy threat. "Mind your own damn business, Malfoy."

Although instead of the anticipated growl, the Slytherin boy let out a laugh, cold and emotionless. Willow's spine went rigid.

Draco took a step in closer to the tempered girl as if to tease her; test her. She fought hard not to let her anger get the best of her.

Draco abruptly reached out, catching Willow of guard as he forcefully pulled on her delicate hair away from her face exposing her strangely shaped ear. Willow winced in pain, although Draco had no intention of letting go as he discovered that the girl had the same pointed ears as her brother.

Draco, along with Crabbe and Goyle, laughed hysterically, finding humour in what appeared to be misshapen. "What are you?" Crabbe asked mockingly.

"And her eyes too!" Goyle pointed out, "Look, they're purple!" The three boys continued to laugh until Willow had finally managed to break free and swing a punch at the snickering Malfoy boy.

"Willow!" Jordan finally spoke up, but not to defend her.

Draco reacted quickly enough for Willow's punch to miss his fragile nose, although she still managed to grazed his cheek bone which began to bruise shortly after.