Chapter one

“Mrs. Cole! Look at me when I’m speaking to you!” Jeremy Blaire yells at me from across the room. I stand by the doorway at his office trying to find out the right words without sounding like a defend less little child. And also to see what the hell I did wrong, I mean all I did was make a phone call. But Jeremy Blaire is known to be particularly psychotic, an asshole, ruthless and mostly a pain in the ass of a boss. In 2009, Murkoff purchased and reopened Mount Massive Asylum, a former Colorado asylum, which remained closed for over 30 years until it was bought and the sole purpose for this purchase was so that Murkoff could start at the asylum the Morphogenic Engine program. The things they do to well... Anyone in this building …is torturing them if they try to expose their plans.

“I’m sorry, sir… I didn’t realize what I was doin-”I couldn’t even finish my sentence without him yelling at me.

“Well next time fucking read your contract a little more carefully Mrs. Cole! It is stated in there that you cannot have any contact with anyone outside this building. How long have you working here?" He walks closer to me. I then realize how old he looks; 6 feet 4 inches tall and had blue eyes and black hair. He was like a film star- the way he walked, the way he looked, and the way he acted. All that posing didn't impress me like the others. "And after 4 long years, I still have to remind you about this? Next time I catch you making a phone call to an outsider… I swear I’ll throw you in that engine myself. Am I clear? Now get the hell out of my office.” As he turned away from me with his back straight and his head held high, he moved with long, arrogant and determined strides.

Fuck if I had the balls to punch this asshole in the face I would... but I can’t.

I looked down at my fingers knotting around each other, as I quickly walked to my office down the hall.

As I entered my office it was a simple little office. To my right is a door with a heavy duty security lock for my personal stuff, then next to that is a window of bars. Deep blue curtains are drawn to one side, allowing the light from outside the second story window. A cherry desk in the far back of the office with a deep burgundy leather desk chair, that reclines to an almost too big for my body.

I sit at my desk wishing there was something to do. “I could take a shower... change out this shitty uniform.” Before I could decide the telephone rings. I clear my throat to sound like a ‘professional’ psychologist.

“Hello this is Mrs. Cole. How may I help you?” I didn’t like saying every time I answer this damn phone. I mean just get to the point.

“Mrs. Cole? Do you always have to sound like a 17 year old brat at Burger King working at the drive-thru? This is Mr. Blaire. Anyways im calling to inform you have a new patient. Im sure you heard of him since you sleep with everyone here. I’ll send you his information in the computer. Good Luck.”

I roll my eyes as I hang up the phone. Jeremy is always gossiping about me and a fellow co-worker allegedly sleeping together. This never happened, we were in the same room for a period of time but nothing happened. But since I’m a women and look way better then he is, so he thinks he can get away with things like this. But im used to it, it would be the same thing my husband would say.

My fingers flew across the keyboard; my eyes remained on the monitor, watching intently as the long strings of code appeared. Mixture of fear and excitement fills inside me, as I clicked on my on my email. I normally don’t get new patients; well I haven’t had one in months. Im not saying I don’t like meeting new people, I just get nervous what their past was.

j.blaire@murkoffcorp.us.com to a.cole@ @murkoffcorp.us.com

April 25 22:54pm

Nationality: American