nine

harry sat beside halley, their thighs touching, and his heart racing with every passing second. he watched her every time her head would turn away from the game, her attention turning to the television every time it mentioned one of her many celebrity husband – there was a time her and harry had argued about him not being on her list – or even her woman crushes.

they had been playing monopoly for over an hour now, and there had been many arguments about buying property and such – she even pouted into harry’s shoulder mumbling about how monopoly is a family and or friendship destroying game – but eventually the two just stopped with buying properties and instead just kept on rolling the dice and moving their piece on the board.

“i personally think that i won.” halley shifted, her head turning back to her best friend. his gaze was already on her, so all he did was lower his eyes to meet her gaze, a smirk forming on his lips.

“no way, i won this game,” he stated, a strong desire of wrapping his arm around her waist swelling throughout him. instead of doing so, his gaze shifted back to the board game and started to put up the various pieces. “and now you owe me a dinner.”

“i’m not making you dinner,” halley argued, her body shifting again to where she was no longer touching harry. she folded her arms in protest, which only made him shake his head at her cuteness.

“who said anything about making?” he questioned, standing up from the floor  before offering her a hand. “i know you are a crappy cook. so, you owe me… italian.”

“what, like a date?” the words left her lips before she could think. harry simply pushed back his blush and tried to keep up his ‘i’m not fangirling on the inside’ façade. halley didn’t do such, as the pink colour spread through her cheeks.

once seeing this, harry pulled her to his chest by the hand he has yet to drop and wrapped his arms around her waist. he then lowered his head down so his lips could reach her ear. he could feel her shudder slightly when his lips brushed over her earlobe. he smirked a bit at that, but didn’t let this reaction go to his head because she could always not like me.

“hm, it could be considered a date,” he whispered into her ear being sure that his lips made contact to her skin with every word. he then bent down to where his head could rest on her shoulder, his face nuzzling into her neck.

over his shoulder, halley looked at both of them by the mirror hung on the wall. she noticed how cute they looked together, how cute he looked just bending down to rest his head on her shoulder. she smiled at the sight before her arms wrapped around his neck, her fingers hesitantly playing with the hairs at the base of his neck.

“since it would look that way to the media,” harry added making her heart sink slightly.

it’d only be considered a date because of the media, she said harshly to herself in her mind. her fingers stopped playing with his hair, but her gaze on their reflection didn’t budge.

she had a plan, to make harry admit to everything he’s lied about – she’s just not sure if he’s truly lying or not.

yay, go halley! girl power! anyone want to know what she’s gonna do? if you are confused by the last part please comment (because i write that kind of wonky). one chapter left xx