The Story of the Snugabalo

Once upon a time there was a snugabalo, and he lived deep, deep, down and below.

The snugabalo turned, twisted, and tossed, he was very angry and mean to his neighbor, the moth.

"Are snugabalo's supposed to sleep on their toes?" asked the moth, who flew away as soon as he rose.

"Where, oh where, could I find those beautiful colors?" the snugabalo asked as he rose.

"The Mass Acres! The Mass Acres!" the moth shouted back, the outline of his wings glowing as the night started to turn black.

"Where are these acres? Where are these acres?!" the snugabalo shouted back, but the moth was too far now to hear his verbal attacks.

The rat came close and shimmered in fear, as the snugabalo pulled him up by his tiny left ear.

"Where are the acres?! Where are the acres?!" the snugabalo stood afoot, waiting in silence as the rat gave him a serious look.

"The ... The Acres! The Acres, are home to things white as snow, red white and blue, and moons laced with gold!"

The snugabalo looked with a gaze, he wanted to see the vivid colors, instead of the dull ones in the cave where he lay.

He jumped, and screamed, and stomped on his foot! He wanted to be free and see vivid colors every where that he looked.

"Oh rat, oh rat, tell me once more" but the rat had left, and without him laid a white rag which he had left on the floor.

The snugabalo turned and pounded on the floor, he yelled in rage, and threw that dirty white flag in the air;with no remorse.

He kicked and bit and screeched in anger, walked out, slammed his door, and picked up the owl and threw her onto the floor in anger.

"Oh owl, oh owl, where are the Mass Acres. You have the most wisdom, so tell me!" And he began to shake her.

The owl looked back, stern and gray, "find out for yourself" and then she flew away.

He walked, and walked, and cried the whole day. His cave in the forest, was never so far away.

He walked and walked, furious and mad. He started to turn back, and then ...

Meow!

He saw a cat with her dad.

The humongous snugabalo smiled in hope, the cats stared at him, and he gave them a poke!

"Cats! Oh where, oh where shall these Mass Acres be? Vivid colors at all angles, and not a single tree!"

The cats looked in fear, and backed far away, "You mean you've never been to the Mass Acres? I heard it's that way!"

The snugabalo followed the way, with a few tears in his eyes, he saw a few camps and dogs every way!

"Oh dogs, oh dogs, show me the way, help me find the Mass Acres! Point! Which way?!"

"The vivid colors! Have you seen them? Which way?!"

The dogs sat and stared, very confused, "What is a color? All of us are colorblind, we might have some trouble! Go to the giraffe, he can see far and wide, and no vivid color has ever slipped his eye".

The dogs barked and shouted, pointing the way. The giraffe looked down at the snugabalo and smiled away.

"Oh giraffe, oh giraffe! Look at my tears, you would cry too! Just help me, and please be sincere".

The giraffe ate some leaves and kneeled down on it's legs, "I will help you" he said as he made his remark, "The vivid colors are that way, and if I'm lying, you can tear out my heart!"

"Oh thank-you, giraffe, you are far too kind. Now I shall have freedom, and leave these dull colors behind!"

The snugabalo gasped as he saw the land in the distance, lakes full of fish blocked it from visit.

"Oh fish, oh fish, just let me pass by, I come from afar and have walked far and wide!"

The fish moved and rolled their big eyes, and just as they moved, a vast amount of elephants had passed by.

"Oh elephants, oh elephants, beautiful creatures. Move out of the way!" the snugabalo charged past, and the few trees started to sway.

"There is no such thing as freedom, it all is a lie. Is there anywhere in the world where war could subside?"

The snugabalo saw the vivid colors past the road, he looked at the people, the flags, and then ...

"Freedom".

He turned back and said "No".

The snugabalo realized that this place was a bore, and the only beautiful thing he needed was that white rag the rat had left on the floor.

The snugabalo turned back, his eyes on the floor. He finally had found "THE MASSACRE" and then he was no more.

The soul of the snugabalo stood in his cave. The rat, moth, owl, cat, dog, elephant, giraffe, fish, trees, and soldiers all looked at the white rag in amaze.

...

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 08, 2014 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Story of the Snugabaloजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें