chapter 3 : the devout devil.

Chris daemon journal 14th of July 2012

It was quite early I suppose, when I decided to visit my church pastor, ….…it was 5:15 in the morning and darkness had not yet lifted its veil canvassing over the entire St. John square, hidden amongst mountain ranges and forbidden forests, growing in its bosom, both in strength and its dirty secrets. The pastor wore that drained look, his face was pale drawn of parlor, he seemed old awfully old

 “I don’t say I’m a man of god, a pure soul, nor am I an abomination, yet I regret my existence, for I have sinned against my fellow beings…..but I did what I had to do to survive, I know my end will be painful and cursed one, forgive me for I have sinned unto you lord, our god, almighty……” tears escaped my weary eyes, I confessed for all my sins, for which forgiveness seem just a mere hope, I was at the brink, a thin line holding off what I have become and what’s left of my little humanity….. with the confession over, I saw the pastor hurry across the church corridors, drenched in sweat, paler then ever….he seemed to run away from something, but then there is no place to run, no place to hide….

The next morning was harsh, cold winds blew  across the streets, dark clouds seem to brew, thunder lashes, and the stormy skies lit up, with silver lightening, the streets seemed deserted, no mortal soul in sight, fear seem to grip in a bitter hold, aged men glanced through half closed windows….. as cries from a certain house hold rose, devouring that everlasting silence, a corpse was being carried for its last rites, nothing much seemed to be left of it, it was burnt and gave stench of exhumed sulphur….that was pastor Adrian, he was found dead, burnt alive, In the church corridors by some parishioners…..he met a gruesome end, he was a good man……his only mistake, he had known too much me, my darkest secrets, he had a glimpse of what I had become….he had to be put to rest…..forever.