Eyes Like An Ocean

Walking among the streets of Cario, you noticed that there weren't as many people out today. Was it the heat? Probably. It was one of the hottest days in awhile, even being out in this heat for an hour with no water would just be a death sentence.

You looked around to see if there was any decent looking café to go have a cold drink, but instead you stumbled across an eerie looking mansion. It was completely blocked off from the public, it was certainly odd. Taking a step closer to the mansion you inspected the walls that blocked you off from seeing on the other side. 'What the hell is this place?', you thought as you raised your hand to shield the sun from your eyes. Just as you did so you saw a bird circling the building almost like a guard. Just as you saw the bird you made eye contact with it, it's piercing black eyes darting down at you almost like you were it's prey.

Just as the bird bolted towards you, icicles forming by it's side, your eyes widened; this was no ordinary bird. What the hell was up with it?! Turning your back to the bird, you took off running down an alley but it still followed you, shooting icicles at you with every opportunity.

Turning around one corner you saw you were about to run into a rather large man that wore a hat that . . . Merged into his hair? What the hell was up with this town and the things within it? Without letting another thing pass through your mind, you grabbed the man's wrist and just yelled; "RUN!" Without hesitation the male ran with you without question, he glanced over his shoulder and saw the bird shooting the ice at you. He knew immediately what it was; a stand.

The bird seemingly disappeared, so you turned around a corner and let go of the man's hand. Hunching over, you caught your breath but before you could take in but a couple breaths you felt something penetrate your stomach. It was like your hearing had disappeared and you had become deaf, all you saw was the male yelling and running over to you. Everything was moving in slow motion, you just stared into those beautiful turquoise eyes of the male. Your eyes screaming 'Help me', but soon you broke your eye contact to looking down at your stomach you saw an icicle sticking out of it. Before you had a chance to take in a breath, once again two more icicles penetrated your shoulder and the middle of your chest. There was no pain, but you knew that there was supposed to be. It had to be your adrenaline kicking in. Your vision had begun to turn blurry then finally started to turn black.

. . . Thump.

You fell face down on the dusty ground, you had passed out from the shock and blood loss.

Was this the end? Saving a bystander from some crazy bird that shot icicles? What a unfortunate way to die.

Soon you saw a white light and someone standing in front of the light, extending their hand out to you. Speaking in a soft and gentle voice, "It's okay . . . You can pass on—" Before you knew what was happening you heard another voice, but this one sounded real—alive.

"Wake Up."

Still in your dream-like state, it felt like you were being pulled backwards, almost like someone was ripping you out of the dream—out of death's arms.

"WAKE UP DAMMIT!", A male voice echoed in your ears and right afterwards your eyes shot open. It was bright. Once your eyes had adjusted to the light you saw you were in a hotel room with 5 men standing around your bed staring down at you with shocked expressions.

"Where am I— What happened?!"

The male with the turquoise eyes spoke up, "You were attacked by a stand, but you don't have to worry about that now, we took care of him." Letting out a sigh of relief, you relaxed knowing that you were safe. You looked under the blankets to see that your chest, shoulder, and abdomen were wrapped with bandages. Your eyes widened, not at the bandages but at the sight of you not wearing a shirt, just having gauze's around your chest.