Chapter Thirty Two: Exposed

Start from the beginning

I stop to the bathroom to pee and wash my hands, and as I finish drying my hands, I turn around and come face to face with Crystal Bishop.

Her eyes narrow at me, but I don't say a word.

She is the least threatening thing on the planet.

I turn around and walk out, but when I reach the hall, she grabs my arm.

"Hey Gracelyn." She sneers. "I heard you ran away from home. Why? To go get plastic surgery because you look like a frog?"

Of course heads are already turning, but I don't falter in the slightest.

"I may look like a frog, but I least I don't look like you. I mean...you look like your mothers loose vagina."

I rip my arm from her grip and walk over to my table without a single fuck.

If I looked like a frog, I wouldn't have scored Daniel Grey.

"What did she say to you?" Danny asks when I walk up.

"She told me I look like a frog." I shrug.

"What a bitch." Kyle says.

"I told her she looks like her mothers loose vagina. It's all good."

Crystal is still glaring at me from her spot by the bathroom, but I don't have time for her petty bullshit.

I have a trigonometry test to study for.

Danny, Miley, and Kyle are laughing but I don't care, I just pull out my next study guide.

"Aw come on." Danny says.

"Let me study." I say.

"You have the test memorized all the way down to the trademark." He says,

I shrug a shoulder at him and start studying anyways. He grabs my arm.

"What's this?"

"Paint." I say. He peels it off and decides to study also.

"Hey everyone!" Crystal calls out. "Did you guys know that Grace's parents are divorced?" She says when they quiet down. "And according to the background check on her mother, she was abused by her!"

Danny's eyes harden and his lips press into a thin line. Kyle's hands are in fists on the table and Miley is glaring daggers at Crystal.

My throat feels tight, my hands gripping my study guide so hard.

A few weeks ago, I would've left in tears, but I'm done being a little bitch.

I have a test to study for, and if Crystal wants to do this, fine. I'll help.

I stand up and rip the paper from Crystal's hand.

"For those of you who are wondering, my Mom choked me. Twice. The first time I passed out, and the second time, my Dad saw what was happening and stopped her. He filed for divorce and custody and won, and then we moved to Florida where Danny lives because we've been friends since birth. So yeah, my Mom tried to murder me." I turn to Crystal. "I'm trying to study."

Without another word, I walk back to my table and sit down, continuing to study my study guide.

"Well-"

"Let it go, Crystal." Danny snaps. "Just shut up about it!"

She huffs and goes storming off.

"Grace." Danny says when everyone starts talking again. "I'm so sorry, Gracie."

"I'm fine." I say, turning my head to look at him. I lean in to kiss him. "I promise."

*****