only memories after all

Start from the beginning

they were all together tonight, but makeely and i canceled because we both had plans.

i unlock my phone through blurry eyes and hit chosens contact.

i held the phone to my ear as i sobbed.

"hello?" chosen says answering the phone.

"put it on speaker chosen." i demand and he says okay.

"you're on speakerphone. everything okay jae?" jack says.

"makeely got shot, i'm h-heading towards the westfield hospital right now. get here asap." i choke out. i hear gasps and it only makes me cry harder.

"i'll drive, we'll be there soon jae, hang tight." chosen says and hangs up.

i feel a hand on my cheek. i look over to my mom and she too has tears in her eyes.

"everything's gonna be okay jae, she's strong, stronger than you know." she says and i nod.

once we pulled into the parking lot i got out of the car and ran straight for the doors.

"makeely stevens??" i say to the receptionist. she types something into her computer and shakes her head.

"she's in surgery you ca-" the lady was cut off by someone shouting my name.

"jae!" my head turns towards the sound and see mac and jackie walking towards us.

i run towards them and they envelope me in a tight hug.

"wha-what h-happened?" i stutter, mac and jackie were in tears.

"a robber came into the diner we were eating at, they had a gun jae, i took my phone out to call 911, but he pointed the gun at me, he tried shooting me, but makeely jumped in front of me. she saved me..." mac chokes out. tears stream down our faces.

"makeely stevens??" i heard wyatt ask the lady at the desk.

"guys!" i scream standing up, mac and jackie stood as well.

all the groups head moved towards me.

they ran towards us and i was once again enveloped in a hug. they we all crying. mac and jackie joined the hug as well.

once we settled down we took a seat in the waiting room.

an hour had passed and no one said anything.

"is anyone cold?" wyatt asks.

we all nod, including jackie. she was shivering.

"chosen, can we go get those blankets from your car?" wyatt says and chosen nods.

i look down at sophia in chosens lap. she was asleep.

"i'll take her." i say and he nods. i get up and slowly pick her up from chosens lap, then walk back to my seat and sit down.

they both get up and walk out of the hospital.

minutes later they walk back into the waiting room with ten blankets and a couple pillows.

chosen hand ones to me, jack, and jeremy, and wyatt hands one to mac and jackie, and finn and liz, liz was also asleep.

chosen takes sophia back from me and i take a pillow and place it behind my head and spread my blanket across my lap.

*

"makeely!" i wake up to screaming. i open my eyes and i see liz on the floor crying in Finns lap.

"she had a bad dream." wyatt whispers to me and i nod. so was i. i thought.

"hey jae, how you feeling?" mac whispers as he watches jackie sleep peacefully.