Jack

I stared down at Percy, who was tossing around in her troubled sleep.

Luke sighed. "Dammit. This must have been his backup plan!"

"What do you mean?" Poseidon questioned, dipping a rag in some water before sitting it on Percy's forehead.

"He probably knows her mental state. He doesn't have to use a weapon to kill her. He just needs something that could kill her."

I bit my lip and gently took Percy's hand. It was burning hot.

"This isn't good. She's way too warm." I mumbled.

"Yah think?!" Luke raised an eyebrow. "I just took her temperature and...if it gets much higher..."

"I wish I could have Apollo check her condition, but the other demigods need him more." Poseidon said, sitting on the bed.

Percy tossed again. But this time I was slammed away from her, as was Luke.

But Poseidon sat unaffected.

"Really?"

He looked at me, sea green eyes troubled. "She gets her powers from me. I've been sensing them for a while now but I thought it might have been her body trying to fight the poison."

"So what are you thinking now?" Luke inquired.

The sea god paused before answering. "She's been internalizing it. Forcing her powers to remain within the confines of her body."

"Meaning?" I raised an eyebrow.

He sighed. "That burst was what escaped. And it was just a small sliver. Imagine what that's doing to her body, having to contain it all."

Oh man. Percy.

"Could it kill her?"

"I don't know." Poseidon shook his head before removing his hat. "But, it's possible. The sea doesn't like to be restrained. That applies to both herself and her powers. That's why I can't just cut her off from them. It wants to go to her."

Well there goes that idea.

"What can we do?" I asked. "There has to be something."

"The only thing that I could think of is cutting her off from her sources of power. So water. Which she could die from dehydration if we do that." Luke sighed. "This is bad."

Percy groaned. But thankfully there was no burst of power.

But I don't think I should say thankfully.

Considering the fact no energy burst means that she's internalizing it, hurting herself to protect us.

Her control has to be insane to be able to be doing this in her state.

Poseidon took the rag off of her forehead and frowned. "It's getting worse."

He dipped it in the water again and laid it back on her head.

"It's too high to try breaking it. I think the best bet is..." Poseidon trailed off.

"What?" Luke and I questioned.

I'm not exactly an expert at breaking fevers.

Colonial times remember?

A lot of people died because of fevers.

He sighed. "Out. Both of you."

"Um. Why?" Luke decided to ask.

Meanwhile I was already one foot out the door.