Lonely nights

Ricks p.o.v

Pools.
Big tubs of water that smell like a huge bloated ass cheek and load of salt and vinegar chips.
I've always hated pools, pointless things meant to make people think life has something, 'fun' in it.
But still I find myself here..floating on top of this ass water. Wallowing in gallons of toddler piss at 4Am.

Although I'm surrounded by butt sweat Water , bathing suit wedgie juice, liquified Water farts and urine. The view and the feeling of weightlessness is amazing.
For once I finally feel alone, for once I finally feel free and calm, looking up at the sky full of stars upon stars, gracing me with what I don't get to admire when I'm actually out there.

I lift the large grey flask that sat solemnly in my hand as it floated upon the water. I let the vial liquid run off of it before unscrewing the top of it with my pointer finger and moving it over to my lips.
I take a few sips, shake some water off my lab coat sleeve and then screw the cap back on.

"Welp...should be heading home now..Beth is probably having a coronary right now" I groan as I move into a stroke, swimming to the edge of the pool. I swiftly pull my body out and rest against the concrete.
Shit it's cold. My clothes cling to my body as I stand up and squeeze water out of my blue Powerade colored hair.

I take a minute to look around at the unlit pool, the sound of the water sloshing against the filter on the far left side, the faint sound of crickets next to the lifeguard tower.
Everything is in slow motion.
my cheeks tighten as the light breeze brushes past my them.

"Until next time guilty pleasure." I mumble, turning my back to the water to take my leave. That's when I hear it. Some sort of distorted animal sound in the water.
An alien? A glibglorbian? I did owe one of them 50 glimglobs last time I checked, maybe they've come to finally get their money?

I turn to confront whatever's making the awful noise only to see water sloshing around in the pool. Maybe it was the time in the pool that made me feel so heroic, or maybe it's just cause I wanted to. But I felt my body spurr, bend, and launch itself into the water to save whatever was struggling.

It felt like seconds, no milliseconds , it felt like nothing..I was in and out and then I was giving cpr to a girl in a (f/c) one piece with (s/m/l) (h/c) hair.
My hands on her diaphragm, her lips turning purple.
I pressed and pressed until water spewed out of her mouth like a fountain and she whimpered out softly.

I run a hand through my hair, water splashing against the warm concrete. I don't hesitate to put her into a recovery position. "U-uh...you uh..you alright lady?" I mutter as I watch her body curl and shiver.
"I'm gonna take that as a no?.." I huff, rubbing he back of my neck and looking around the area for anything that may help.
How convenient I left everything but my portal gun at home.

Minutes pass, questions are asked, but she doesn't seem to talk.
How the hell am I supposed to get her home if she won't even tell me where that is.
I let out a groan, moving my hands underneath of her body to lift her up into my arms. My cool damp clothes cling to her body, my fingers dig gently into her skin. I huff, using my elbow to press the button on my portal gun from inside my lab coat.

The green orb flashes in front of us, illuminating the area. I watch as her skin turns a mixture of (s/t) and green.
Slowly I walk into the portal and step into the garage where I set her body down on my work bench.
"Are you gonna talk?" I groan, turning my back to her and taking off my lab coat and shirt. I ring them out on the floor, letting the water trickle down to a small drain hole I'd made a while back because of my experiments leaking and getting messy.

I turn to look at her, she looks like she's about to say something.

Your p.o.v

I sat there, my legs sticking to the metal work bench. Everything was moving so fast. I was swimming, I was drowning, this guy gave me cpr, I had a panic attack, I...teleported? And now I'm here...practically watching him get undressed.
Does this make me a creep?

Quickly I turn my head away so he doesn't get the wrong impression. My fingers wrap around the edge of the work bench tightly. I should speak, say thank you.
"Thank you." I mutter. It's low and almost pathetic but hey it's something.

"Don't mention it." He says, unbuckling his belt buckle.
Oh god..what if he brought me back here to do the worst? Oh no I should have just ran while I could. "U-uhm..I should be going" I say as I push myself off the bench and struggle to keep my balance.

"Easy. You should be resting. I don't have any other rooms so you can sleep in mine. I'll sleep on the floor." He huffs while grabbing a hair dryer. He proceeds to dry off his clothes with it, occasionally looking over to me as if to say 'what? Gotta problem?'.
I don't see a point in disagreeing, I don't know this man, he could be an axe murderer for all I know. "Okay.." I mumble.

It then started to occur to me, the whole reason I was even in the pool was because I thought someone was dead. Just floating there.
It must've been him, but why?
He's the whole reason I almost drowned tonight I should ask...
"Hey..uhm.." I squeaked out, trying to be louder than the hair dryer. I lean against the work bench. "Why...why were you out there anyway? It's late.."

He stops what he's doing to look at me, turning off the hair dryer and cracking his neck. "I just felt like it. It was relaxing, something about chakras and shit. Some alone time." He murmured.
I looked at him, his sad demeanor, the way his voice sounded, everything.
I've always been good at that, studying people that is. What I wasn't good at was proper communication. But I tried my best to say something somewhat nice to set a happier mood.
"Well, looks like one less lonely night..."

He looks at me, cocks his head...and laughs.