Mush Meyer Discovers His New Talent

A/N: *warning* the first song.*end of warnimg* also, hi. I just heccing WON science fair and beat my heccing (husband) crush.

"WAKE UP BUMMAS!!" Jack yelled as he pulled the curtains open, revealing the blazing sun over the white covered ground.

Some of the other newsies groaned and yelled curses at Jack, who, if I may mention, was among the oldest newsies in the room. The way the newsies split up the sleeping arrangements is elder newsies pair up and room together, while the younger newsies are crammed in the biggest room.

Oh,

And the leader?

Well, Tanks doesn't usually sleep in the lodge, but that's another story.

Anyways, (Y/n) and Racetrack where extremely tired after there midnight mission, so it took them the longest to wake up.

"What the matta wit' you, huh Race?" Mush said elbowing him as he drowsily walked by.

(A/N: well here's tha first one: Good Morning Baltimore, from Hairspray)

(Y/n) hopped out of bed, eager to start her first day of selling papes with the boys. She quickly got out of bed and threw on her clothes. Noticing how excited she was, many of the newsie boys where slightly amused.

"Geeze (Y/n), did ya sleep well ar' somthin'? Why you'se so excited?" A drowsy Specs asked.

(A/N: I warned you...)

(Y/n) smiled sweetly and said,"Woke up today, feeling the way, I'se always do,"

"M'kay that's noice.." Racetrack commented as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"Hungry for something that I'se can't eat," She continued,"then I'se hear that beat!"

More newsies turned to look and listen to what (Y/n) had to say.

"That rythm of town, starts calling me down, seems like a message from high above!!!" She explained as she walk to the window.

"Pulling me out to tha smiles and streets that I'se love,"

(Y/n) opened the window and cleared her throat. "GOOD MORNING NEW YORK!!!" She yelled at the top of her lungs.

Then, she turned around to face the boys, whom all wore confused yet fascinated looks.

"Every day's like an open door!!" (Y/n) cheered, making some of the boys smile.

"Every night, is a fantasy~" She said, leaning on a bed post and posing dramatically.

The boys giggled.

"Every sound's like a symphony!!" She continued as she danced past the boys as they scrambled to thow clothes on and follow her.

"GOOD MORNING NEW YORK!!" She yelled down the halls, causing the older newsies to poke their head out of their doors.

"And someday when I'se take to tha floor," She said as she stopped and stood next to the stair case,"tha woilds gonna wake up and see-"

(Y/n) paused and slid down the stair railing, then turned to the newsies gathered at the top of the stairs listening to what she had to say.

"New York,"she giggled,"and me!!!"

Following her example, one by one, the boy began to slid down the railing and (Y/n) continued.

She did a little twirl, then felt her foot step in something wet. (Y/n) looked down to see a small puddle on the floor. In the puddle, (Y/n) laughed at her reflection, for she had the most magnificent bedhead.