10 Things I hate about Jess

Summary: Rory writes down ten things she "hates" about Jess in her diary.

~Based on the movie 10 things I hate about you.

Setting: Season 2

*Fluff*

*************************************************

1. He's antisocial.

Okay, I get that he doesn't like Stars Hollow, the people, or really anything here, but geez he could at least acknowledge my presence when he sees me!

For example, yesterday I was sitting at the counter for my coffee at Luke's and Jess walked down occupied by his MP3 player. I smiled at him waiting for him to look up at me, but nooooooo he didn't even bother to say anything! Ugh, he's so infuriating!

Well, I think I hear my mom coming in, and I'd hate to get teased for writing in my diary at my age (again). So, goodbye for now!

2. The way he treats Dean

I don't know why he bothers Dean so much. He highly loves getting on his nerves whenever he can. It's almost as if he wants to pick a fight with him. I try to tell Dean to just let it go, but he just gets mad at me for wanting them to be at peace with each other.

Dean claims that he thinks I have feelings for him, which is insane! How could I love someone who skips school and doesn't seem to care about anything?! Pst, he's probably just intimidated because every girl has a crush on the bad boy in town at least once in their life. But not me for sure...

3. He underestimates himself

I don't understand him sometimes. He has a lot of potential and heart. I've seen the margin notes in the books I let him borrow, and they are brilliant. And dare I say it's better than my own notes. He and I are both perfectly aware of how smart he truly is, but for some reason he refuses to show it.

He could literally go to Harvard or Yale, yet he chooses to read books to tune out the teacher. It's a shame really. We could've been attending the same school had he just believed in himself.

4. The Fake Crime

Who in their right mind makes a fake crime scene for attention? Jess is an odd kid. I'm telling you; I don't think I've ever met a kid like this in my life. The moment I saw his smirk when I caught his eye, I knew it was him. At first, I was irritated. But as the day went by, I found myself giggling at the whole thing. But I would never give him that satisfaction.

5. The fact that I'm the only one he talks to

I'm not the only one that noticed that I'm basically the only one who's able to tolerate him. Luke and mom have noticed it as of recently. I'm not sure if this is something I should consider as a thing I hate about him, but I know for sure that it can get a little annoying sometimes.

He's actually a pretty interesting person who has a mysterious vibe to him, which is something I must admit I like about him. I guess being the only one who talks to him isn't really a bad thing after all...

6. The Basket Bidding Incident

Words cannot describe my feelings towards yesterday's fiasco. It was insane! I haven't seen Dean that mad in ages! The moment he stormed off, I was left with a basket full of crappy food and a boy with a smug look on his face. He'd asked me if I wanted to go check on Dean to see if he was okay, but I declined. I knew Dean was too upset right now.

I followed him to the bridge over the pond, and I couldn't help but wonder why he even wanted to buy my basket in the first place. I tried asking why'd he do it, but he would purposely avoid the answer for some reason, so I stopped asking.