“Oh, it was nothing.” We both laugh and walk out the door, she with the help of Finn.

When I get outside I look at the ground and bend down. It’s made of clay and is soft on my fingers. That’s also something new to me. I get back up and make my journey into the city.

    It should be pitch black outside but there is a light on in every house, building, and on the path. I think back to Jakku, when I was all alone at night. It was so dark, there was nothing I could do. I’d grip my quarterstaff tight to my chest as I lay down in case some junker would happen into my home in the middle of the night looking for trouble.

    A flickering light above our heads reads Caps Inn. Seems alright seeing as how we need to find shelter as soon as possible. My memory gave me butterflies and all of a sudden I’m not ok being out on these streets so late.

    “Let’s head in here.” I suggest to my friends.

    There’s no door so we just walk on in. We continue to the desk with a sleeping creature behind it.

    “Excuse me?” I say at first timid in my new surroundings. He doesn’t answer and keeps on sleeping.

    “Excuse me?!” I say much louder and he wakes up with a jolt, catching me off guard.

    “What do you want?” He stammers obviously intoxicated.

    “Well we’d like to trade work for a place to stay.” Finn answers his question.

    “Three rooms?” He asks almost annoyed at us for waking him up.

    “Yes” Finn answers again.

    “Fair enough. The rooms are out back through that door there.” He says pointing to his left, our right.

    He looks under his desk and pulls out three keys.

    “Come back tomorrow and I’ll assign your work.” He slaps the keys down and shoos us off.

    We each pick a key and slowly go to the door he pointed to. When walk through it we’re actually back outside. There are individual shacks scattered about behind the building. Each has a number on it causing us to simultaneously look down at our keys. Rose’s key says 3 and she spots it right away. We walk over to her door and she unlocks it. She pushes it open and peeks inside.
    “Seems safe enough.” She says with a laugh.

    She walks inside, sets her stuff down, and comes back out.
    “Well, see you guys tomorrow morning?” Rose asks.

“Yeah.” Finn and I answer together.

They lean in and hug. I did not see that coming.

    “Goodnight.” She says and leaves.

    “What do you have?” I ask Finn.

    “Six”

    We walk a little further back and he finds his.

    “What about you?” He asks.

    I look down at my key.    “Fifteen”

    “Gosh that must be all the way in the back. Want me to help you find it?”

    “No, I’ll be alright.”

    “You sure? I wouldn’t mi-”

    “I’ll be fine Finn.” I say and smile to him.

    “Ok, well goodnight.”

    I pull him into a hug of my own and we hold on for a while. I don’t like leaving him but I’ve been alone all my life, I can handle it; I try to tell myself.

    We let go. “Goodnight” I say and he turns around and goes in his room.

    I start to walk to the back of the courtyard where I assume my room is. I focus on the negative things around me which starts to scare me. There are no lights back here, no noise, and I’m alone.

    “Alright, calm down Rey, you can handle yourself.” I comfort myself outloud.

    Out of the corner of my eye I see a man standing outside his shack smoking something. The betrayal of my mind causes me to walk faster and eventually I happen upon my room. It’s in the very back of the housing unit, far away from Finn and Rose. I pull out my key and practically jump into the room. Once I’m in and the door is closed i drop my pack and slide my back down the door. I just sit there for a while.

So Quadrant 9! This planet is kind of dingy. Not at all as well off as Canto Bight, but better off than Jakku. Everyone else scattered off to different sections of the huge city sort of leaving these three in their own little world.

Rose, Finn, and Rey are going to try to make a life of their own here, we'll see how that works out for them. 😁

Also you'll see Kylo soon, but not from his point of view for a bit. He's in a real pickle, let's hope he gets out of it quick. Or will he? 🤔 😦

If you've been waiting for the Reylo don't worry it'll be here soon. Only a pinch though, they don't know each other well enough yet to start making out or anything yet in my opinion. This is a somewhat realistic fanfiction sorry to say. Or if it doesn't seem realistic to you then whatever, 😂 enjoy the read!

Also I like to read comments from you guys on my story so feel free to leave a note on something someone said or did. Thanks! ❤