Magic Under The Moonlight

I wonder how we ended up here?

His fire breath brushed against the shell of my ear and sent shivers racing down the arch of my spine. Our bare chests were pressed together uncomfortably close, as we held one another in a tight embrace. My eyes searched the shelving space behind him awkwardly, a few lonely petticoats and pressed suits hung patiently in place collecting dust. I wondered if my corpse would soon be joining them for eternity. They looked as stiff as my arms were, clinging to his torso desperately.

"Stay quiet," he hissed angrily into the bramble of my hair.

My mouth pursed at his demands and I swallowed down the whimper that clawed at my throat. This was not how I pictured my night would go. Hiding from beasts in an abandoned building. We had only met up for a one-night stand, now I was counting the ridges of his ribs with my fingers with each second that passed.

Wood creaked outside the tiny closet space we hid, almost causing my knees to crumble into tiny shards of skin and bone. He held me steady though, with his broad shoulders and muscled arms. I was grateful for the strength, where mine had collapsed into despair.

"I smell the blood of an Englishman."

The door knob lurched and suddenly my body was being flung into the flames as sacrifice.

"I'm getting the fuck out of here." But he wasn't going anywhere.

I looked up to blood raining down from the sky, splattering against my face. My fists immediately began to struggle to wipe away the red, as I heard something heavy clunk against the floorboards. What could I do? My feet began to scramble and shove me away to the wall.

"A knife," I heard the whisper creep through the shadows and the clink of metal. "The intentions were clear, what a vile and cowardly boy."

And then the creature revealed himself from the curtain of shadows dwelling in the room. In the form of a human, whose eyes glowed like moonbeams parting the darkness as they bore down on me. His pearl fangs slipped upward in a jovial display.

"Poor little pussy cat, your fate had already been sealed." The creature stroked my head lovingly, in a sick twist of mocking. "The man meant to kill you, and so do I. What to do, what to do?"

"Just do it," I admonished to him, growing stone in my veins. "Get it over with."

His yellow eyes flickered in interest. "Delicious, beautiful, très magnifique. To be or not to be, that is the question though - is it not?"

His palm slapped against the plaster behind me, cornering me against the wall as he drew closer.

"I've never been a man of fate. Be mine." He nuzzled eagerly into my neck. "Forever."

His teeth crashed into the tender hollow of my throat and sank deep within. Beneath the moonlight, something akin to love blossomed.

I felt reborn.