Chapter 15: Potent Poison

Start from the beginning

"This humble one doesn't have the ability."

"... doesn't have the ability" repeated Seyran softly after her, looking at the scene in front of her.

Yenaigai was struggling again, still very much unconscious but battling with Shen Ai who was restraining his feet and Zhang Bei who was restraining his hands.

Hearing the groans escaping the young man, the physician bowed her head deeper, seemingly wanting to let it disappear into her neck.

Even when coming, it had been difficult for her to approach this patient. He was tossing, turning, and when she heard that others had already given him sedative with no effect, she refrained from adding more, fearing the risk of creating another problem entirely.

Seyran retracted her gaze and looked at the woman clad in white and pale pink clothes. The others had white and pale red, white and pale blue, white and pale yellow. This woman was the only one who had white and pale pink clothes. There was, certainly, some kind of significance behind these colors. A significance Seyran absolutely didn't care, for none of them had been able to satisfy her. However, this particular one had firstly acted with confidence, like she knew everything; she had pinched Yenaigai here and there, drew blood, all this just to say in the end that she didn't have the ability.

"Making me wait for a full hour and when there, daring enough to not even have the ability."

The physician shuddered, cold sweats forming down her back. Her colleagues had their faces lowered, not daring to even witness it. She hadn't assisted in yesterday's events but had been told about them. Concerning this crown princess, she didn't really have an opinion and being just a mere physician, she never dared disrespect her better in life. That she came here one hour after the calling wasn't her fault.

"...This one doesn't dare make the crown princess wait... This humble one was restrained... this humble one ... was assisting the head imperial physician... All the physicians have been ordered to stay there ... consort Ling and consort Liu are sick... their states-"

But Seyran wasn't listening anymore.

"All of them, isn't it? Come-" she had ordered in a clear, rattling voice and the two people guarding the door entered. Yue Meili and Tian Gu. "Help to lift him."

Thus, in as many sheets as possible, the debating Yenaigai was draped with difficulty by the four guards, for they were trying their utmost not to hurt him.

"Lead the way".

The young physician was stunned for a moment, before her palms began sweating, thinking that maybe, she just put the head of physicians in a difficult situation. How could her days be any good from now on? But looking at this crown princess, the latter was far scarier. Without any other alternative, she was the first to advance while Seyran followed and the guards holding Yenaigai were behind.

If those people won't come to her, Seyran didn't mind going to them. Let's just see what skills they had to be so prideful!

Before the other physicians who had failed to diagnose Yenaigai could breathe a sigh of relief, their hope of silent retreat was squashed.

"All of you, follow" had said the voice thick with iciness.

Shen Ai had turned her head to look at them as if asking if she should really dispatch one of her guards to have them obey. Holding the man in check wasn't easy for the four guards, if one still had to go and personally make those physicians move, the task would be even harder. Who knew if by then, they wouldn't add wounds on the already battered body of the patient? How then, would the strange crown princess react? Did they dare think this far?