02

"Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it! It's so beautiful."

"And get this? It's bulletproof and it's full of vibranium! I even structured an energy obsorber. One hit and it will do no damage, but hit it again in the same spot, the dress will release that enegry. I did the same thing for T'Challa."

Y/n smiled as she twirled in it. She was loving already and she's only had it on for 2 minutes.

 She was loving already and she's only had it on for 2 minutes

"Thank you, Shuri. I really appreciate it."

"You know, I'm glad you chose this one. It was my mother's coronation dress when she was crowned queen. She is proud of you for wearing it and would probably be impressed by its possessions."

Shuri stated as Y/n laughed. She hear the doors open upstairs of the lab and run up the step case and greeted the prince himself.

"Hi, T'Challa!"

"Hello, Y/n. You look beautiful."

"Thank you and you look handsome."

"Thank you."

"So, Brother, you do realize this is a special event? Where you must fight the fearsome warriors that dare want to fight for the throne?"

T'Challa rolled his eyes as Y/n giggled. The way Shuri said it made Y/n fall to the ground laughing.

"Hey, I'm being serious!"

Y/n laughed some more before she calmed down and wiped away some tears.

"I know, it's the way you said it that's funny."

Shuri rolled her eyes before Y/n watched the dress disappear into the neck she wore.

"What tech did you use on Y/n's dress?"

"I call it the 'Abracadabra'. It's super cool. If anyone interrupts the royal combat, that dress will automatically disappear into a combat suit."

"Shuri, we've been through this. I cannot allow Y/n to go into battle. She's been through enough and I cannot allow to her get hurt."

"You sure she'll get hurt?"

Shuri asked with a smirk which slowly disappeared when T'Challa kept a straight face. Shuri sighed audibly as she rolled her eyes.

"T'Challa, at least let her have something to protect herself. You don't known what will happen at ritual combat." Shuri argued as T'Challa sighed in defeat.

"Fine. But there will be no battle with her involved." Shuri nodded before Y/n fistbumped the air.

"You better get ready yourself, brother. Ritual combat starts very soon." Shuri half joked as T'Challa rolled his eyes and smirked.

"So you two planned this out, huh?" He asked causing Y/n smirk and nod.

"Just so you know, after I win ritual combat, I will chase you two down for this. Right?" Shuri once again rolled her eyes before she shook her head.

"Honestly, brother. You do know that Y/n is faster on for feet than you are." Shuri defended causing T'Challa's shoulders to slump visibly. Y/n laughed as he did so and went up to him.

"It's okay, T'Challa. Not everyone can be as fast as me. Including you." She teased as T'Challa playfully glared down at her.

"Not helping, Y/n." He said through his clenched teeth as Y/n shrugged and walked away.

"Shuri, I do not want Y/n getting hurt today. Bad enough, Baba..."

"Brother. She will be okay. Her dress is weapon proof. The weapon will bounce right off her dress. She will be okay." Shuri assured as she patted T'Challa's shoulder.

Shuri walked off; getting into her coronation dress. T'Challa stood in his sister's lab; still unsure about the whole thing. He lost his father, he couldn't afford to lose Y/n.

He had grown to liking Y/n. Like she was his own daughter or better yet, little sister. He didn't need anymore deaths to fall upon him.

And if something happened to Y/n...

No. He thought. I won't let anything happen to Y/n . I will be there to protect her.

He quickly left the lab and headed off to change.