Part 13

Anjali pulled Payal and khushi to introduce. Payal stared at kushal. Kushal too kept staring at Payal and khushi. Finally Payal n kushal said, "Maine aapko dekha hai pehle" (I have seen u before).

khushi just held her head and sat down. Anjali rushed to her, followed by Payal, "khushiji aap teek hai (Khushi ji are u ok?)". Khushi nodded, still looking at kushal. Payal touched Khushis head, "Khushi, kya hua? (Khushi what happened?)".

"Jiji, sar mein bahut dard ho raha hai (Having a severe headache)"

"Khushi you need Chotes coffee" remarked Anjali. Khushi snapped up and ASR whipped round to see. Did she see a glint of concern in his eyes!!

"Hello hai, whats naya naatak!!, Raksha bandhan kal kare ka pade humme (Hello hai whats this new drama!! We will have to celebrate Raksha bandhan tomorrow!!)" scorned Mami to be given a stare from her MIL.

Khushi knew she was holding the ceremony, and soon collected herself. The ceremony began. Anjali tied Rakhi to Karan, Akash and of course her darling Chote while all of them watched. Anjali glowed receiving all the attention. "kash aapka bhi bhai hota, haina (wish u too had brother, isn't it )" she said looking at khushi n Payal sadly and got a sad smile from the Gupta sisters.

Immediately kushal put forward his hand and said, "kya aap dono meri behen banenge (will u both be my sisters)". Payal and Khushi looked at each other, not so sure. Anjali being herself, was ecstatic and said, "Aree kyon nahi, hai na Khushi ji, Payal ji (arre why not? Isn't it Khushi ji, Payal ji)". Not having any say in this matter, they tied the sacred thread around. He blessed them both n gave some little cash he had on him. Karan had long walked out on the pretext of a call.

Seeing how Karan got away, and only Kushal got the Rakhis, ASR whispered to khushi, "there u go, you have managed to get a rich brother as well now". Both looked at each other, ASR with triumph over his wordly abuse and Khushi with hurt evident in her eyes, which was not missed by Kushal.

Fed up of taking his words, Khushi went close to him and whispered "Haan haan pata hai, phir bhi meri aisiyat ya aukat nahi badlegi hai na!! (Ya ya I know, neither my status nor my bank balance will change because of that Isn't it??!!) " ASR was gobsmacked by her answer. He fisted his palms, grit his teeth, but decided to leave it there thinking, "This chit of a middle class girl is giving me a reply, I need to show her position!!".

As much as he wanted to get back to her, his anger soon turned to concern seeing her condition getting worse during dinner. Khushi's head still hurt. Perhaps that was the reason, which is what he consoled himself into later, in offering to drop them off when Karan tried offering "No Karan, Kushal has had a long journey and I think you should take him home soon, Di I will drop them", and to not look very silly he continued, "Or Akash can do it". The Guptas refusal was not accepted and ASR, left to drop them.

Khushi sat with Payal at the back and tried hard to be normal, she was becoming delirious. The ride home was silent, but the images of his previous ride with Khushi was replaying in ASRs mind. Their eyelock fixing her seatbelt, how he could not move away from those eyes and once again she was not well. His thoughts were broken when he heard Khushis muffled mumbling, "mamma, pappa, baba,.." 

Payals concerned voice broke in, "what happened Khushi. You were ok in the morning, don't you worry, we are nearly there. I will ask Shyam ji to get the doc as soon as we reach home." Khushi could hardly understand what was happening. 

Thinking quickly, ASR said "Payal, shall I take to the doctors??" Payal replied, "Its ok sir, please take us home. I will tell our PG Shyamji to get a Doc soon. Last time he was quite worried for khushi and had managed to get one late in the night!!"

Very soon he was droving back to rm after all the polite thank yous from the Gupta ladies, since once again, no one seemed to bother to invite him. The only reason he gave himself was either because of his high status or they were worried for Khushi, which was basically both every time. Since he had seen the protective side of Payal, he consoled himself, well at least Payal did not show the door to me. "I cant believe I'm thinking of her. Why should I be bothered??"

Next morning saw Akash in Mr.Roys office discussing their case. It was when he went to collect the necessary paper work from his new secretary Shiv, he happened to see his Jijaji having a row with a lady. Jijajai here, that too arguing?? He had never, never ever seen him arguing. Well, what more he had not even seen him raise his voice. Also, hadn't Di told only the day before he was not in town since one week.

Taken aback, "arre kya woh ji..(Oh, is that Ji)" before Akash could continue, Shiv said, "Woh saab, unka naam Shyam hai, us aurat ka case liya hai lekin kuch kaam hi nahi kar raha hai, pichle hafte se yahi natak chal raha hai, us aadmi kuch teek nahi saab (That fellow, his name is Shyam. He has taken that ladies case and not done any work, same drama is going on since last week, that man is fishy sir)"

It took a lot to disturb the calm and collected man Akash and today he was shaken. He could not figure out what to make of it. He sat down, "Ek glass pani milega? (Can I have a glass of water?)" and was in deep thought. Composing himself, he asked Shiv, "Kyon bhai kaise teek nahi, (Why bro, how is he fishy?)"

"Oh aise tho bahut hota hai Sir yahan pe aur ye tho mashoor hai. Suna hai paisa leta hai, lekin kaam nahi, aur hungama karta hai. (Oh these issues r quite common here Sir. Obviously he has taken money but no work has been done, hence argue like this. He is quite good at this I've heard!!). Disturbed Akash sat for a while and soon made his way home.

Mami did not hide her surprise when her son returned home that early, "Why son what happens? You earlys today". She was even more surprised, when Akash, without giving a glance, went straight to his room thinking " I must get to the bottom of this, what is happening".!!!

Thanks all, thats all for now!!! 

Humble request to silent readers.  Please comment/vote.