79 - CHANBAEK : Take You Home (Part 2 FINAL)

Comincia dall'inizio

"Okay," Channie says, shaking his head and scratching his ear with his paw. "I understand."

"You're smart, anyway," Baekhyun says, sitting on his bed as he watches Channie eat dog food on the bowl he prepared. He smiles. "You're exceptionally brilliant for a dog to the point that you really understand whatever I say."

Channie turns to look at him and barks as answer, before he continues eating with his tail wagging fast. The way his eyes flicker makes Baekhyun feel something else, like a sense of familiarity and connection he felt ever since he saw him at the pet shop for the first time.

"Oh, right. I still have to finish my essay," Baekhyun says as he gets his bag, fishing out his notes and sitting on his chair. He opens his computer and starts typing away on his keyboard while also glancing at his opened notebook.

Channie is quietly watching him from a distance, that Baekhyun almost forgets he has a puppy in his room. He only recalls him when he has to find his ballpen.

"Where did it go?" Baekhyun says to himself, rummaging through his bag to search for his ballpen. "Did I lose it?"

Channie approaches him and tugs the hem of his sweat pants, so he turns to the puppy for a second.

"There," Channie says to Baekhyun as he semi-stands, placing his arms on top of Baekhyun's lap so he is closer to him, "It's behind your ear the whole time." Then he stretches his left paw, gesturing out to Baekhyun's ear.

Confused, Baekhyun touches his ear, and right only then he remembers he put his pen behind it.

"How did you know I was looking for my pen?" Baekhyun asks.

"I told you, I can understand you, Baekhyun. You just can't hear me talk but I can completely understand you," Channie says, "We have a connection!"

Baekhyun stares at the puppy just staring intently back at him like they were in a competition. It feels like the world turns into slow-mo as he focuses on Channie's brown beady eyes, feeling the wind blowing from his window all of a sudden.

"Baekhyun, what is it?"

Baekhyun hears a short ringing sound of a bell, then it stops shortly. He looks around him immediately, searching for the source. Finding nothing strange, he looks back at Channie who seems to be waiting for him to answer. Baekhyun breaks into a nervous chuckle.

"I must be crazy," he tells himself, "Did I just heard the puppy talk right now? Oh my god, I think I need to rest for a while."

Baekhyun shakes his head and massages his temples. Maybe that deep voice he just heard was a pure hallucination due to too much playing video games. He stands, hoists Channie up, then puts him on the bed before he sits on his chair again to continue his work.

Then he hears the voice again.

"Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun jolts, falling off his chair in utter shock, hearing that voice calling his name. Looking around his room, he yells, "W-who is it!?"

"Baekhyun!" Channie says as he jumps on the bed, Baekhyun's eyes enlarge twice, looking at the puppy, "It's me, Channie!"

"What the---" Baekhyun mutters, slowly backing away on the floor as Channie walks towards him. He can't get his eyes off the puppy's mouth, waiting for him to speak.

"Baekhyun, does this mean you can finally understand me?" Channie asks, and Baekhyun stares in disbelief, slightly shaking, wondering how the hell he is hearing a voice from the puppy everytime it opens its mouth. It's really strange, because it's not a bark he's hearing anymore, but a sound of a human voice that is indeed deep and soothing coming out of Channie.