Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"Atticus, go back to be-" he started.

"No," I whimpered." Atticus misses Sy-Sylis." I said as tears threatened to spill over the brim of my eyes.

We stood in silence for a moment, my clothes beginning to become soaked under the spray of the warm water. His arms remained at his sides, and the longer I stood there the more I felt as if he didn't want me there. I let my arms drop from around him, a sob slipping past my lips as I began to step out of the shower. His hand wrapped around my bicep, halting me from exiting the shower. 

"Atticus, look at me." he commanded softly.

Slowly I looked up at him, my tears mixing with the water that ran down my face. My eyes locked with his and my heart sank into the pit of my stomach. All I saw was sadness swimming around in those golden pools. My knees began to buckle from underneath me, Sylis quickly grabbing me before I could hit the shower floor. Harsh sobs ripped through my chest as he slowly sank to the floor and held me in his lap.

"Whats wrong little pest, talk to me." he cooed.

"Sylis regrets." I cried over the spray of the shower.

"What?" he asked.

"Sylis regret mark. Sylis no's w-wants Atticus." I cried, my body shaking in his arms.

"No, no, no. I don't regret marking you Atticus. Who told you that?" he asked softly. 

"Sylis. Sylis not's knows says. Sylis says no's being with Atticus. Sylis says no's coming when Atticus says." I sobbed into his nape, his hand rubbing my back gently.

"Baby, no. I don't regret marking you. Do I wish we could've done it differently? Yes, I didn't want to mark you in order to live. I wanted to mark you when you were ready for it, but I do not regret marking you. I love you Atticus. I admit I have been avoiding you but that's only because I was afraid you regretted me marking you. I know you're still confused on your feelings about me because if I was in your position I would be too. I've been so cruel to you when I was supposed to make you feel loved. As for not coming when you wanted me to, I was busy helping Eric carry out Chris's punishment and preparing something special for us. For when you're better." he explained as he held me close. 

"At-atticus n-no's like needle ma-canhines. W-wants stay wake. Wa-wants be with Sylis." I hiccuped as I pulled back from our embrace.

"I know baby. I want that too. I think your ready to be taken off of it but we need to check with the Doc okay?" he asked softly.

"Does A-Atticus marks Sy-Sylis no-now?" I asked softly the question popping up in my head suddenly.

"No baby." he said, sorrow clear in his voice." You can't mark me because of me. Its my fault you can't mark me because I made you lose your wolf. I'm so sorry." he whispered, letting his head fall. 

"It otay." I whimpered, grabbing his face into my hands."Sylis it otay." I said as I caught his eyes with mine. " Atticus has Sylis now. All Atticus wants." I said softly.

"I love you." he said, cupping my cheek with his hand. 

"Atticus lovies Sylis too." I said with a smile.

The biggest smile I'd ever him wear formed on his lips and made my heart melt in my chest. As if our minds were synced together we both moved forward, our lips connecting in the middle. My fingers ran through his wet hair as our lips moved together. 

"I love you." he whispered again and again as he kissed all over my face, giggles erupting from my mouth.

"Atticus lovies Sylis so much." I smiled, playing with his wet hair and making it stick up in all directions.

"Since your already in here, why don't I give you a bath." he smiled, as he helped me get undressed.

A blush came to my cheeks as I then realized we were both naked. 

"No reason to be shy little pest. It was bound to happen one day." he chuckled softly.

Sylis took his time, washing my hair and body until I was clean. Meanwhile I sat patiently in his lap, my fingers tracing the three long scars that ran diagonally across his chest. Soon the water was shut off and he dried both of out bodies off, sitting me on the closed toilet  as he left to get clothes for us. 

" Do you want to know what happened?" he asked softly as he toweled off my hair once more before slipping one of his shirts over my head.

I nodded, peeking up at him through my lashes as he slipped me into a pair of shorts.

"It happened when I was a pup. My mother and I has been kicked out of our pack because she hadn't stayed faithful to her future mate and went and had me. It wouldn't have been as big of a deal if she hadn't had been the alphas daughter, but since she was he had to make a point that this type of behavior wasn't okay. So when I was old enough he kicked us out. We were wondering around looking for a place to spend the night in the free lands when we wandered a little to far off into my stepdads territory.  My stepdad, who was the alpha, showed up to defend his land. Me being the kid I was, I thought I could protect us. I was only eight at the time, so I didn't have my wolf yet and my bright idea to save us was to scream at him. He didn't particularly like that so he swiped me. My mother screamed at him and came rushing towards me, but then their eyes meet. They realized they were mates and he found out I was her son. He apologized and took us in." he explained, as he got dressed and carried me back to the bed. 

"Sylis stepdaddy meanie." I grumbled cuddling up to Sylis.

"Yea." Sylis said awkwardly." Enough about that its way past our bedtime." he said picking up the needles to the machine.

"Please," I whimpered. " not sticky Atticus again." I begged.

He was quiet for a moment, as if he was contemplating if he should listen to my pleads or not. Finally he looked at me and smirked, reaching down and unplugging the machine and rolling it out to the hall way. He shut the door behind him as he came back into the room and laid down on the bed.

"I'll do anything for you Atticus. You always come first." he said softly, gently pressing his lips to mine before letting me curl into his side.