-15 || Nyxeris vs Prescott

────── 〔✿〕──────

────── 〔✿〕──────

xv. FIFTEEN

NYXERIS VS PRESCOTT

────── 〔✿〕──────

             SHE WANTED TO THROW HERSELF IN FRONT OF THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS WHEN GRAHAM MONTAGUE ANNOUNCED THAT HE HAD DEBATED RECOMMENDING DRACO MALFOY AS THE NEXT QUIDDITCH CAPTAIN.

     "Montague, I swear-" she snapped, cutting his words short and glaring at him. He looked baffled that she had reacted so bitterly, and awkwardly glancing around, anywhere but her face, as to avoid eye contact. She hated the idea, she could practically feel her eyes burning a hole into her friend's face. "Do not make him the captain."

     "Why not? He's a great Seeker - and player in general - he's been devoted to the team for years, and he'd be an ideal opponent for Potter next year," Montague shrugged (he was still refusing to meet her eyes).

     "Potter?" she sniggered. "You think he'll get captain?"

     "Use your senses, Melora," he said, rolling his eyes almost in sorrow as he concluded exactly what he wished not to. "It's Harry Potter. He'll get everything he wants, no doubt. At least by making your cousin the new captain, he'll have a lower chance of winning."

     "Alright, and I can just constantly be reminded of how I wasn't chosen to lead the team, but my younger cousin was. Yeah, thanks," she grumbled.

     "Who else do you suggest we promote, then?"

     "Literally anyone," she said quickly. "I mean, they'll be as good as a brand new team anyway. All of the Chasers are graduating, and as is the Keeper. There could be some hidden talent somewhere that would do as good captain material, and we just don't know it."

     Montague paused to think about this proposal. She watched, hopeful, as he planned out logically how it could all work out. But her face evidently fell when he shook his head and sighed. He apologised profusely, but she waved him off. It didn't matter quite as much as she was making it out to; she simply didn't want to get embarrassed by her family.

     "Well, it's Professor Snape who decides, not me. I only suggest someone who I think would be good," he added in an attempt to comfort her a little more. "So even if I said Malfoy, it doesn't mean he'll get it."

     "You could suggest Viktor Krum, and Snape would still choose Draco to lead the team."

     Montague rolled his eyes at her, and laughed.

     "Look, I don't really mind it being Draco who leads the team. I mean, I'm not even going to be at school after this summer anyway. I think I'd just rather not have the constant reminder from him each time he comes home," she said truthfully.