The Immortals

•Eliza•

The light autumn breeze brushed across my cheeks as I made my way to school; crunching leaves beneath my boots as I hurried along the damp sidewalk. School was starting once again in Maverick, not one person in the town was filled with joy. "Hey there stranger," Sparkling emerald eyes met mine.,"How was your summer?" Sutton slammed the passenger door to her jaguar and sighed. 

"Where do I begin?" She exclaimed leaning up against her car. "Jamie and I are on a break and so are my parents," Her emerald eyes lowered and a frown slowly spread across her face. "I quit my job at Ronnie's, and my cousin has taken up residence in my room..." Sutton trailed off retelling her godawful summer while I couldn't help but notice the brand new car sitting in the newly paved driveway of the old Kelly house. 

"Sorry to interrupt you but did someone move in?" The corners of her mouth began to rise, she brought her hands together as if she were going to begin a prayer. 

"His names Thaddeus that's all I know, but he is on my list for yummiest guy alive," We both giggled, "Well I'll see you later, unless you want a ride?" I shook my head and waved to her as I continued down the sidewalk.