Ch 29 More than anything

Start from the beginning

Just as I opened my mouth to protest, my stomach let out a deafening growl. Talk about perfect timing.

"Come on baby girl." Cole said softly, picking me up from the bed and carrying me down to the kitchen.

"Cole?"

I placed my hand on his arm, telling him to stop.

"What's the matter?" He asked, concern written all over his face.

"I-I... well, I wasn't able to really... shower... and stuff."

Just as I finally spit out the rest of my sentence, Cole already brought my back upstairs, placing me on my feet right in front of the bathroom door.

"Take your time baby girl. I will make your lunch so you can eat when you come back down." Cole said, rubbing my back in a calming matter.

I simply nodded my head, watching him walk back downstairs.

Two hours later

Yeah that's right.

I took an hour long shower, and spent the rest cleaning up. I felt so refreshed, and let me tell you, after spending nearly two weeks in the same filthy clothes, I have never felt better.

I slowly made my way down the stairs, wincing with every step I took, pain shooting through my body.

After my fourth step, I let out a small gasp of pain, and then a yelp of surprise. Cole had come out from nowhere and effortlessly lifted me into his arms, tenderly carrying me down the stairs and placing me into a nearby armchair.

An involuntary grin broke out across my face as he dragged a table in front of me, filled with food and orange juice, my favorite!

"Enjoy," he murmured, sitting across from me.

15 minutes later

I leaned back in the armchair, rubbing my stomach happily.  That was without a doubt the best food I have ever eaten.

"I see you liked it." Cole observed softly.

I looked up and smiled sheepishly back at him. In return, he grinned back and picked up the plate and glass, carrying them away to the kitchen.

I couldn't help but smile as he walked away.

This was a new Cole, one that actually liked me. Truthfully, I was wondering whether I should build back my walls and lock him out, or give the new Cole a try.

I get it.

He hurt me.

Trust me, I understand how horrible he can be- yet the pull I have towards him stops me from hating him.

No matter what, I feel that we have to be together, and to do that- I need to forgive and forget.

_____________________________________________________________________

Mandy's POV

I was pacing on the porch, my heart beating rapidly and I was biting my lip nervously.

Christina was back, and now was the time I should apologize. Sure, I was relieved when we got her back and all, but I still needed to apologize.

Here goes nothing.

I opened the door and was ready to run up the stairs, straight to Cole's room, and get this over with- when I heard laughter.

I turned towards the sound of the noise and froze.

There was Christina.

Curled up on the lap of Cole, snuggled close to him, laughing.