Chapter 3

• Dedicated to MiMi

     At 5 PM Mom & I arrived at Kristy's house. When we rang the doorbell, we heard a bunch of shouting. Finslly at 5:20, Kristy's little sister opened the door. With a big grin she said, "Hey Grace!"

     "Hey Sara, where's Kristy?"

     "In her room, working on homework," Sara said, pointing upstairs. "She's almost done though."

     "Okay, thanks."

     "No problem," Sara said over her shoulder as she ran back into the living room to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks.

     "Are you going to be okay?" Mom said.

     "Yeah, I'll be fine, besides, I have my phone if I need to call anybody," I said as I lifted up my phone to show her.

     "Okay, you have my number right?"

     "Yes, mom," I said.

     As she walked outside & shut the door, I ran upstairs to Kristy's room. I knocked on her door, no answer. I knocked again, no answer. I knocked a third time, Kristy opened the door with earplugs in her ears. She waved to me as she sang along to whatever song was playing on her MP3. She wavedme inside, then I sat n her bed. She shut her bedroom & sat down at her desk.

     "So, what's up?" Kristy said, spinning around in her chair.

     "Well, let's see, Dylan moved into our pool house-"

     "Who's Dylan?"

     "One of Shawn's million friends," I said, sounding bored.

    "Is he cute?"

    "I don't know," I said, shrugging.

    "How do you not know?" Kristy said with a shocked expression on her face.

     I must warn you, Kristy is a little boy crazy. If you tell her about a boy, she'll ask if he's cute or what he's like. "I guess it's because I don't know your standards of cuteness since I have my own standards of cuteness."

     "Okay?" Kristy said. Sometimes she doesn't understand me. She's not a very good student & she knows that. "So, aren't you sleeping over?"

     "Yeah, my bags are downstairs. Want me to go get them?"

     "If you don't Sara & Bridget might get into it." Sara & Bridget are her 6 year old twin sisters. They even have a huge Newfoundland named Nanny.

     "Okay, I'll go get it. Where's Nanny? Usually she comes straight to the front door when I open it, but she didn't today."

     "Oh, she was probably in her room. My mom didn't know whether you liked Nanny or not so she put Nanny in her room." Kristy's mom made a whole room just for Nanny since she's such a ig dog. Nanny has aoll her toys in there.

     "Of course I like her. It's so cool how Newfies are so gentle around children as if they're a human watching over kids." I've been studying about Newfoundlands since I find them so interesting.

     "Huh?"

     "Nothing." Sigh, she seems to never understsand what I'm talking about. Either I'm talking to fast or she just doesn't pay attention.