"I'm doing fine." Bridget rolled her eyes. Deja grabbed my hand from under the table and squeezed it really hard.

"What was that for?" I whispered.

"I needed to let my anger out somewhere else so that I didn't explode at the table..." She whispered. "I usually squeeze the tablecloth, but I accidentally ripped it."

I laughed a little at the ripped tablecloth before I realized that Deja was still holding my hand. She quickly removed her hand so that she could fix the tablecloth and go back to eating.

The evening continued with a more deep conversation about our career and for me, school, which I was still taking online.

...

"Thanks for inviting us to dinner," I thanked as we walked out the door.

"Anytime, thank you for coming," Deja said with a smile.

Oh, that smile. It gets me every time. Sends a shock through my veins and my heart starts to race 10x faster than usual.

"Can I uh... can I hug you?" I asked. "I'm just not trying to cross the line like you don't want me to, you know..."

She laughed and embraced me in a hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Zach, let's go!" Jonah called from the car.

"Okay, gotta go, bye!" I smiled. She waved as I ran and got into the car.

I stared at her as the car drove away. She turned and walked into the house.

She's so beautiful...

Deja:

I walked back into the house and washed dishes. I quickly cleaned everything downstairs before Hashbrown and I went back upstairs to my room. I switched on my fairy lights and got ready for bed.

My phone started ringing. I checked it. Jayden.

I smiled when I answered his facetime call. His bright smile.

"Hey, there my beautiful angel!" He said with a smile.

"Hi, Jayden..." I said blushing.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"It was honestly really great. I hung out with Carter because you know... he's my only friend at school. The football team is doing really great. I had the Why Don't We boys over for dinner and Hashbrown was actually active today." Hashbrown curled up against me.

"That's amazing."

"How was your day?"

"About the same as yours. School, then practice. You know, the usual..." He winced in pain as he turned a bit. "I'm also a bit sore from practice."

"Aw... when do I get to see you again?" I asked.

"This weekend and I'm staying until Sunday evening, so we'll have 2 whole days together!" He smiled.

"Yay!" I cheered. "Have you gotten invited to any college parties, yet?"

"Yeah, but I usually choose not to go."

"Why, not?"

"Because they're usually lame and full of underage drinkers. I can't risk anything right now. I don't wanna get dragged to jail or start a bad habit when I'm preparing to start a better life and family with the love of my life..." I smiled.

"I can't wait to see you..."

"Me too," he said. "I'm gonna go get some pizza or something."

"Okay, be safe. I love you."

F R E E ✔ [completed]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara