You turn around a few more times to assess your options before finally stepping towards the elf who's head tilts down eerily to look at you. You press your transparent hand onto the words labelling the figure as an elf. The label dissolves into more writing which allows you to choose a subrace for your character. You choose High Elf, which adds one intelligence. You are then taken into a customisation section where you can choose a specific design for your high elf. There are sliders for different facial features as well as a slider for hair length, which you could have in several different styles. A full colour wheel can be used for hair and eye colour which leave endless possibilities for your character. You test this out by changing the hair colour to neon pink which does not particularly suite the proud and serious expression that is held by the face of your high elf. You mess around with everything until you find a look that you like and can finally click onto the next step.

Your elf is pushed into the background and a panel of numbers fills your view, showing the stats of the elf. You are not entirely sure what you should do so decide to randomise everything. With the slight number changes of your race you end up with fourteen strength, seventeen dexterity, twelve constitution, fourteen intelligence, fifteen wisdom and fifteen charisma.

You choose chaotic good as your alignment as you know the rest of the Mugiwara group would have picked the same thing.

The next panel to show up was for selecting your class. There are a large variety and you are not exactly sure what the differences are between them except for some dead giveaways in the names like "sorcerer" "druid" and "Barbarian". You decide to go with ranger, which means you must select a couple of more specific options for within the class. For the favoured enemy type you select undead, thinking that those would be likely for you to come across. You check over the other enemy types which are aberration, beast, celestial, construct, dragon, elemental, fey, fiend, giant, monstrosity, ooze and plant on top of undead. For the favoured terrain you choose forest as you could easily imagine your elf fitting into the forest easily.

You sigh and move onwards, realising you had only just got over half way through the character creation process. A selection of cantrips popped up onto the panel, some of which were attack and others that you could see being useful for some quests and helping out your team. In the end you decide to pick mending which has the description "This spell repairs a single break or tear in an object you touch, such as a broken chain link, two halves of a broken key, a torn cloak, or a leaking wineskin. As long as the break or tear is no larger than 1 foot in any dimension, you mend it, leaving no trace of the former damage.

This spell can physically repair a magic item or construct, but the spell can't restore magic to such an object."

You knew that most of your friends would have picked cantrips that would aid them in a fight so chose to use one that would help the entire team.

Next was proficiencies which let you pick three skills and four languages. The skills of insight and perception were blanked out because you already had them from your class and race choice. The remaining options are animal handling, athletics, investigation, nature, stealth and survival. You ponder what would fit your character and decide to go with athletics, nature and survival. Your elf could speak common language and elvish but you still had four extra languages you could pick from a selection of fourteen. Knowing what it was any enemies you might have were saying could be helpful so you picked Goblin and Orc. Because the gnomes seemed so happy you thought it might be nice to speak with them for a change. Some positivity would be good in your life, even if it would just be in small doses from small npcs that wandered the world. Unsure of what to choose as a fourth language you end up picking deep speech, hoping that it may be useful at some stage.

The panel in front of you shifted once again and the word "Equipment" showed up at the top of it. Your elven character was pushed forward by some unknown force until it was right behind the panel. Your first choice of equipment was for weapons. A longbow was already chosen for you, likely to be from your elven heritage, and you could choose any number of extra weapons. You decide to pick two extra weapons, a dagger and a rapier. All three weapons suddenly appear on your character, the longbow and quiver are slung over the elf's shoulder, both decorated with smooth intricate carvings and made from a very light coloured wood. The dagger, also elvish looking, hung from your elf's right side on the belt that also carried a sheathed rapier on the other side. The hilt of the rapier was silver and also had the elegance that all other elven weapons had. The writing dissolved and rewrote itself to show you the armor options. You pick a simple chain shirt which also instantly appears on your character. A selection of miscellaneous equipment appears next with a pre-chosen list of common clothes, pouch, incense, vestements, quiver and twenty arrows. You add a bedroll to the selection and they all appear in your inventory space. You only had fifteen golden pieces in your inventory but you were sure that number would grow over time. You choose leather armor as the starting armor and the explorer's pack. Because of the acolyte background your elf has you also have to pick a holy symbol from the choice of an emblem, amulet and reliquary. You decide to go with the amulet which appears around the neck of your elf.