Chapter Two - Sasha

Chapter Two - Sasha

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes. I could have sworn that I closed the curtains last night. I sat up in my bed and looked at the clock. It was 8:00am. This was early for me. On weekends when I don't work, I'm normally not up until after ten. I turned to look at my bedside table and saw my favourite breakfast. Scrambled eggs on toast. I know, its a very British breakfast but I don't care, it was my favourite. I read the note that was attached to the plate.

Good morning, baby sister. I decided to make you breakfast to wake you up a bit. And yes, it was me that opened the curtains this morning. Figured that it would help you wake up faster. Now hurry up and eat, we have packing to do. Love Ya! xx

I laughed. My brother ladies and gentlemen, isn't he something else. After I finished eating my breakfast, I quickly jumped in the shower, brushed my teeth and hair, before getting dressed. I slipped on my new blue lace bra and panties before putting on my purple and yellow maxie dress. If I'm going to be seeing my father today after all these years, then I might as well make myself look good. Luckily, my hair was natural ring lit curls so I let it dry naturally. I was one of those girls that never had to worry about frizzy hair. I put on minimal makeup, which consisted of mascara, eye liner and lip gloss.

Getting out two of my suit cases, I started to fill them with my favourite clothes and books that I have yet to read. I also grabbed my toiletry bag, filling it with all of the necessary things that I would need. Anything else that I might want or need, I will have to buy while I am there. Its not like I haven't got my own money. I have managed to save up a lot since I have been working. I already got a text from my boss, Maggie, saying that she understood the situation that we were in and that my job would still be there when I got back. Connor got a text from his boss basically saying the same thing.

I finally pack everything that I needed and carried it all down to the car. We were driving down there as neither one of us wanted to spend time in the car with our father. That and the fact that if we ever wanted to get out of the house then we could just go.

I turned and saw my brother bringing out his suit cases. He placed one in the boot with mine and the others on the back seat. He gave me a small smile and took hold of my hand.

"You ready?" He asked me.

I sighed deeply before replying. "Not really, but I will have to be wont I?"

"It will be okay. You have me and I'm not going to leave you on your own. Especially with him."

I nodded. "Thank you." I whispered.

We got into the car and drove to see mum before we had to leave. When we got to her room she was so tired that we were only able to stay for a couple of hours before she started to fall asleep. We said goodbye and told her that we would be down every weekend to see her. The drive down there didn't take long. Like mum said, It was only going to take about five hours. In some ways that made me so mad. If my dad was so close to us, why didn't he come and see us? Why did he leave in the first place? Our mum never told us why he left but she said he must have had a good reason.

I never did believe her. I would never leave my family for anything. As far as I could see, he didn't want to deal with a wife who was sick and two young children. He took the cowards way out and ran when things got difficult, and I would never forgive him for that. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt the car slowly come to a stop. I looked out the window to see a three-storey house. It still looked relatively new. That's my dad for you. He has the money to get a new house but not to come down and see his family. I jumped when I heard my door open. When I looked to the side, I saw Connor already standing there.