Chapter 2

Charlotte's POV:

Above me hung around a thousand shining stars and I listened as soft music filled the room. Tapping me from behind I turned. "Hey, do you want to dance?" A deep voice asked. I looked up to see those familiar chocolate brown eyes. It was Alex Stiles, the hottest and surprisingly nicest boy in school. His dark brown hair was gelled back and I noticed he was wearing a tux. I smiled at him, and took the hand he offered speechless at the moment. It was soft, and firm. I felt butterflies in my stomach for once in my life. We walked past the envious stares of girls dressed in slutty gowns.

I looked around to see that, we were in the gym. The gym? It was transformed into a ball room, filled with balloons and a sign saying Winter Formal 2012. I looked down, to see that I was wearing a long, pink dress. Pink? I hate pink, it was a horrible color. I just want to shot whoever invented that pink. And, it sucks that pink just so happens to be the color that everyone just loves in this school. I mean, what's wrong with orange or purple? Or aqua even?

I was so busy ranting in my head that I didn't notice Alex stopping. I bumped into his back and unexpectedly fell on my butt. Alex turned around and his face was filled with concern instead of the usual laughter I face daily. He held out a hand and gently pulled me up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" He began saying.

"Oh no...No, it was my fault for not paying attention. As always." I said, and he smiled that contagious smile that showed off his white teeth. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We started to sway back and forth to the slow music that the DJ was playing.

"I was worried that you would turn me down. After all, I don't know you that well. But, I'm so happy you said yes....I feel like the luckiest guy here." I looked into his chocolate brown eyes, which seemed to always put me in a trance. I was surprised he even noticed me. Guys never seemed to notice me like they noticed the girls who dressed in a lot less than I did. And, they acted a lot more wild than I ever would in my wildest dreams.

"Why?" I asked breathless. He shrugged his shoulders and looked down.

"I'm dancing with the most beautiful girl here." I smiled as I saw a slight blush growing on his cheeks. Alex looked up and our eyes connected. It was then that I noticed how close we were. He started to lean and I started to lean also, all of a sudden he disappeared.

I stood there confused. What the heck? All of a sudden my older brother appeared, dressed in a tux. I raised an eyebrow at him, as he crossed his arms, and smirked at me. His spiked dyed blue dark hair was gelled back and even in a tux he had that tough guy look. Maybe it was the black earring, or the slightly visible tattoos.

"Robby, what the heck are you doing here?" I asked angry, as I was still trying to wrap my head around the whole Alex disappearing situation. "What did you do to Alex?" Robby's smirk grew wider. His dark green eyes grew even darker.

"Don't you get it Charlotte? Even in your dreams you will never have Alex Stiles. You are and always will be a loser. A nerd. Always reading books and never going out and hanging out with your friends like a normal person. You will never have Alex Stiles, if you keep being boring. Come on Charlotte just live a little."

"What are you talking about?" I shot back.

"Bad decisions make good stories." Robby stated, "You'll never have a good story. You'll always just be your predictable self."

"Who are you, to talk about me and my dreams?" I asked, Robby smirked at me and looked me in my eyes.

"Wake up Charlotte, wake up...come on....WAKE UP!" All of a sudden, everything went black. I opened my eyes slowly, to see my brother Robby with his arms crossed while glaring at me. He was dressed for school and his bag was hooked over his right arm.