The Badass Weaslette (George Weasley Love Story) Chapter Eleven

A/N: Furthest I've ever got :) And I'm not uploading until I have 7 votes and 5 comments. SUCK TO BE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

____________________________________

"Hogsmeade trip soon!" said Caylee eagerly one Friday evening as we were lounging in the Gryffindor common room, trying to finish some late homework. Well, I was; Fred and George had mysteriously done their homework, and was whispering among themselves. Although Caylee and I could hear every word.

     "Cay, it's tomorrow." I laughed, and she blushed. Fred paused to glance over at her with interest; George snickered.

     "Oh." she said, obviously feeling kind of awkward. "Well, it's still soon. Do you think it will be cold?"

     "Definitely," I said immediately, watching the outside. I shivered, before going back to my homework. George turned round, a questioning look in his eyes; I just shook my head, thinking warm thoughts. "Do we have to dress like Muggles?"

     "Yup."

     So, the next Saturday, I dressed in jeans, a long-sleeved top, and several jumpers before fastening my cloak on. Caylee, who now slept in my dorm, was already up, pulling on her trainers; I slipped on my boots. We left the room together, to find the twins waiting for us in the common room, wearing their Christmas jumpers from last year. I smirked.

     "Don't say anything." warned George, putting his arm round my shoulders.

     "I wasn't," I promised, glancing at Fred and seeing him standing awkwardly beside Caylee. I laughed at him. "Go on, Freddie boy, confess your love to her!"

______________________________________________

We were in the Three Broomsticks, with Lee and Ron when Hermione entered the pub. Seeing her without Harry (as he had been with her the past couple of weeks) caused me to speak up.

     "Ron?" I said. He grunted. "Why don't you believe Harry?"

     Ron looked shocked. "What? Oh. Because he put his name in the Cup without telling me."

     "Don't you think that's petty?" I snapped. "Why would he want his name in that thing? Hasn't he got enough fame and teasing already?"

     "He still did it." he mumbled, and I sighed before watching Fred and Caylee.

     "Hey, guys, this is your first date." I smiled.

     "Fred, you never said you liked Caylee!" exclaimed Ron, looking slightly sad.

     "I don't- err- I mean I do-" stuttered Fred, and I snickered. George leaned down to whisper in my ear.

     "Stop setting them up, Little Miss Matchmaker." I shivered.

     "It's fun."

     I was suddenly burning; my hands grew hot, my ears fried, and it felt like white hot fingers were trailing their way down my neck. I gasped, and George drew back.

   I'm watching you...

     "My neck," I whispered, as the burning sensation slipped away, and the voice receded into nothingness. "It was like I was burning - it's gone now, but-"

     I was interrupted by him sliding his fingers down my neck, ending just below my jaw. His hands were cold and cool; it soothed me.

     "Are you sure?" he sounded doubtful, but I nodded.

     "'m fine now," I said, gulping down some Butterbeer, and sighing as it warmed me. George had left me feeling quite chilled.

     "But-"

     "George, it's probably just a fever. Relax." Caylee came to my rescue, and I smiled at her gratefully. She winked in return.

"I'm getting cold now," Fred announced suddenly half an hour later, long after Hermione had left. "Let's go back."

     The others agreed, and, after George had hauled me up, we set off back to the castle. Ron looked glum.

     "C'mon, cheer up," I encouraged him, slinging an arm round his shoulders. "It is the first task soon - you excited?"

     He shrugged and I gave up. Ron really needed his best friend - urgently.

______________________________________________________________

"No." Harry said point-blank when I asked him to talk to Ron the morning of the first task. "Ron should apologise to me - he's being the git here!"

     "Yes, but still..." I pleaded, but he didn't budge. "Uh, Harry, stop being so stubborn. D'you know how annoying Ron is?" Aw, crap. "Er, never mind, I mean, all he does is moan about you and - Harry, I said the wrong, didn't I? Oh, sugar-"

     I really need to work more on being helpful, I thought, as Harry's figure drooped. Hermione glared at me slightly.

     "I didn't mean that," I said hastily. "No, no; I meant that Ron is jealous of you, Harry-"

     "Oh, yeah?" Harry said, bitterly. "He wants to make a fool of himself in front of the whole school, does he?"

     "Oi." I bumped my shoulder with his. "You won't make a fool out of yourself - apparently, you've been practicing Charms in classrooms and the common room at night."

     Hermione blushed proudly and Harry gawked at me before spluttering. "Ho-how did you know?"

     "I have my ways," I winked at him before sauntering off. I didn't get too far, though, before yelling over my shoulder: "Good luck, Harry!"

_________________________________

A/N: this is never being updated. Please don't comment asking me to update it. Thank you.