A Leap of Faith

A buzz awoke her from her sleep, she sat up from her warm bed, her dark hair looking like a 'rat's nest' as her mother would call it. She reached for her phone, her eyes heavy with sleep as she stretched and tried to blink it away.                                                                                                                        Her heart raced wildly when she realized she overslept, she hopped out of bed and quickly threw on some jeans and a long-sleeved shirt, throwing a scarf around her neck and quickly brushing out her short hair, before grabbing her phone and briefly looking at herself in the mirror before racing out the door. She ran faster then she has ever ran in her life, Ah, I'm so stupid!  she thought angrily before making it to the school entrance and panted, the cold air stinging her throat.                                                                                                                                                                She examined the art school she's wanted to be in since she was young, joy driving her to continue into the school. She jumped as a  voice sounded behind her, she whipped around towards the person seeing a girl, "Hey there, newby." the stranger said, humor glazing in her hazel eyes as she lazily stretched her arms.                                                                                                   "Sorry I scared you, I'm Keni Karren, double 'K's, am I right?" Raven blinked at her, "Hi, I'm Raven, Raven Soarel, nice to meet you." she put her hand out as an invatation for Keni to shake, but she just laughed, "Enough with being formal! Alright, what classes are you in?" Raven stared at her, her expression astonished. "I'm meant to be in science right now." she said as Keni raised an eyebrow at her, "Are you sure you're not my stalker?" she continued without letting Raven respond, "Because I think we're in the same classes! We gotta go before we're late!" she grabbed Raven's wrist and dragged her through the halls decorated with art.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    She opened a door carefully and tip-toed into her seat, gesturing for her to talk to the teacher. The science teacher was giving a lecture before she turned to the class, "And that's why the planet should be taken care of," she scanned the room, "Hello, Keni. You're late, and hello, new student. Introduce yourself," she said as Raven nervously stood beside her, "Hi, I'm Raven.." "Where are you from?" the teacher inquired.                                                                                                                      "I'm from Kansas." She replied, "Where do you want me to sit?" the teacher stood for a while before pointing to a desk beside a window that was fortunately in front of Keni, who was obviously not trying to hide the fact that she was excited. Raven picked her way around the desks until she made it to her's and warily sat, setting her backpack beside her chair so it leaned against it.                                                                                                                                                                                    The teacher began her lesson again pointing to the board and speaking, but Raven wasn't listening, she was watching outside, her head propped up on her arm, she set her head down and closed her eyes, sleep crashing over her like a wave. Everything was dark, until it wasn't.. She was trekking a mountain, until a boulder was in her path, she didn't now why, but something was luring her past the rock. She put her arms on top of it and hauled herself up, the sun was blinding, making her squint, but she opened her eyes and looked out, she was on the edge of a cliff!                                                                                                                                                                   She looked down and she saw the town, the grass, the trees, the peaks! It was beautiful..         But she unconsciously stepped forwards, and leaped, I guess you can say it was a leap of faith. She soared, until the world disappeared from under her and she was tumbling into the darkness.. until she wasn't.

What'll happen? Stay tuned! *~ Blob~*