Promise 1

The next day, the girl was requested to another game. This time it was with the boy she had met yesterday.

"What kind of game do you want to play?" said the boy as he flashed the empty smile he showed everyone.

The girl didn't smile back, for she didn't know how to show emotion.

" Chess" the girl replied speaking in a soft cute voice. The boy flinched like he had just bean beaten by the devil.

"What's wrong, you don't know how to play Chess?" Asked the girl, with an expression that was unreadable.

"It's not that I don't know how, it's just that I'm not very good at it" the boy laughed but the girl couldn't understand, nothing was funny, nothing had even happened.

"Baka!" the girl said obviously irritated by his foolishness

The boy looked surprised that the girl could say things like that.

"Okay, its on" the boy said not wanting to be intimidated by the girl.

Of course, by the time the game ended, he had lost and wasn't even close to beating her.

He thought how could a girl so small and fragile beat him at a game of chess.

Sure he said he wasn't good at chess even though no one had ever beaten him at it before.

He had greatly underestimated this girl and vowed never to do it again.

Then the girl got up and said softly, "Chess is just like Tic Tac Toe" and walked away

The boy just stood there before saying,

"Wow, just wow"

Never underestimate someone, no matter how small they may be

I hope you liked it. And LENtranced, I think your story's are amazing, I'm not saying that everyone else's arn't, its just that yours are so unique and special. Everyone has their own style of writing and I love yours! Sorry, I just felt the need to say that.