1 - Up until now

1

Ten years ago - the day they met

I was sitting on my window seat watching our new neighbors move in. They have two kids a boy and a girl, they also have a dog. I like dogs. I think I can get along with these people. "Emma were going next door to welcome the new neighbors, do you want to come?" My mom yell from downstairs.

I smiled to myself,  "tumming!" I yelled back, grabbing my favorite stuffed dog and running out of my room slamming my door behind me.

Six years ago - The day they connected

I was standing next to Nicole, who was crying. She's been my best friend since she moved in next door four years ago. Her dog Sam was with us every step of they way, this was just as hard for both of us.

"I’m so sorry Nikki." I told her trying to hold back my own tears.

"It's not your fault Em, Sam was a good dog." she sobbed, her voice cracking as she stumbled over her tears.

"Hey how are you guys doing?" Tyler asked with a sad face, NIkki’s big brother, he was two years older than us, but he seemed so much wiser, so much older.  I looked up at him with such a fake smile, it caused his frown to grow.

"Not so good Ty." Nikki hugged her brother, sobbing, "Not so good." she cried as she let her salty tears soak his shirt. Ty looked at me over Nikki's shoulder, with a look of concern on his face, I again gave him a fake smile, and he smiled a sad smile back at me. Nikki eventually released Ty and looked at me with a sad smile, taking the stuffed animal fro my hands, She turned around and knelt in front of Sam's grave.

"Bye Sam." she cried as she placed my favorite stuffed dog down on Sam's grave. The same stuffed dog that I gave her four year ago the day she moved in.

Four years ago - The day they kissed

Today is my birthday I'm finally turning 12! Like every year since i was six, I have six people over. Nikki, Tyler, Paige, Noah, David, and Jennifer. We were in front of my fireplace and i was opening my presents, being rushed because everyone wanted my mother’s cake. Turning to my presents, i looked at them and i frowned there was only six presents. one from my parents, one from Nikki, one from Paige, one from Jen, one from Noah, and one from David. Even though Nikki and Tyler are siblings, and could just give me one present together, they insisted that they both knew what i wanted, yet they were alway completely different things. Hmm Tyler’s present was missing, i turned around to face him.

"Tyler?" i asked in a sickly sweet tone

"Yeah?" he said with a cocky smile.

"Where's my present?" he always got me the best present every year and I refused to let this year be any different.

"It's over here, come on Emi." I trotted over to where he was anxious to see what he had got me. He took my hand and lead me to the back yard.

"What are we doing out here?" I questioned, confused as to why we couldn't do this in the house.

"This." he said as he took my hand and put his forehead to mine. Slowly he brought his lips to mine.

Two years ago - The day the had a date

"Emma! Nikki's here!" my mom screamed from down stairs.

"Coming!" I yelled back down to her. I went to my window and looked down at the drive way, Tyler looked up at the same time i looked down, my heart began to race, i was so nervous for tonight. He smiled and waved, I waved back awkwardly. Nikki was just a decoy, I was going out with Tyler tonight for the first time, I smiled to myself for coming up with such a brilliant plan, and left my room, slamming the door behind me.

Present day

I was talking to Nikki when Jen, Noah and Paige came up, "Hey guys!" Paige squealed in her usual happy voice.

"Hey Paige! What's up?" Tyler said as he appeared behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. Remind me to slap him for sneaking up on me, I hated when he did that.

"David is not going to be back till next Monday!" she sighed. David is Paige's boyfriend if that wasn't clear, they were doing that whole ‘on and off’ thing, and if you ask Paige, ‘they are so totally on right now.’

"Aw I'm sorry." Ty said with such a fake sincere voice, that was dripping with sarcasm, that I had to bite my lip to keep myself from laughing. Paige seemed to think that it was genuine so she smiled at Ty. Ty sighed and turned me around and asked, "So babe we still on for tonight?" he spoke quietly.

"Ha yeah we are, so what time is Nikki coming over?" I asked whispering, still not sure why we were being quite.

"Oh, abouuuttt... 7:30-ish okay?" He said even toned, smiling.

"Yeah." I said just as the bell rang, "See you later hun." I said with a smile and kissed him lightly on the lips and turned to walk to my sixth period. ugh math!Why does the school system hate me so?

Kay, I know that you think it’s weird I asked what time Nikki was coming over, right? Well that's because I’m not allowed to date, just yet and I've kinda been secretly dating Tyler for the past  two years. Please, don't tell my parents!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Original Chapter was revised and edited.