Chapter II

Missi couldn't believe this is happening to her. Her, serving Duke just so she could stay in the castle. In all honesty, she'd ditched this place a long time ago if it wasn't from the fact that she's clearly stuck in here judging by how people had taken residence around the haunted area just a few miles away, and even if she did leave the place, there is no way she wouldn't stumble upon people with guns and knives for her vampiric head. After all, she's a vampire now through and through, and she likes to relish at the idea.

The undeniable power she felt that day.

It was addictive, and it's from the cane she's holding right now, the reason why she couldn't give it back to Duke that easily.

"Be a dear and bring me wine. I'd like it dated back in 1593, specifically Château d'Yquem, one of my favorites." Duke ordered, distracted from the book he's reading.

Missi only grumbled.

"Go get it yourself. I'm going outside."

She didn't miss hearing the snort coming from the other vampire.

"In the middle of daylight? Well that's just preposterous don't you think?" Duke commented, slamming the book close.

Oh, she forgot about that wonderful little piece of information.

He stood up gracefully from his ridiculously tall Georgian library chair Missi guessed was about thousands of years old but was kept pristine throughout the ages, as he set the book on the small table. She turned to glare at Duke, however, her black look was wholly ignored by the sight of him turning away for the shut curtains. Without any warning, he lifted it slightly to let a sliver of sunshine to come in, letting it land on some light-deprived surfaces.

Letting it land, purposefully, on Missi.

Missi gasped from the painful sensation that she quickly shrink into the shadows, hissing. She let her hand cradle the hurt- smoking- arm that got the taste of sunlight whilst staring at Duke with complete disbelief. Duke made a sick smirk at the action, an expression Missi would so want to smack away from his smug face.

"Oh, I apologize. I thought you'd wanted a taste of the outside world." He chuckled, letting his hand fall against his side to keep the sun rays out of their apparent safe haven.

"Yes, revenge sure is sweet and I'm thinking what will be your face like after I kicked you out of here."

This time, as Missi gently holds her pained arm, she will. It was clear Duke only wants her presence for him to mess around. To keep him entertained. An entertainer, that's what she is here apparently. She regretted ever falling to her own pathetic sentimental needs that resulted her to revive this deceitful- hateful- vampire. Missi grits her teeth as she starts barreling towards Duke. As she focused her blazing eyes on him, she noticed his smile fading gradually with each step she takes to close the distance between them. Maybe, on some other life, she'd be grinning at the sight, but on account of her rage she stalks forward with a heavy frown on her face.

"It was a mistake. A massive one. Resurrecting you- I mean why did it even cross my mind? You're just a total nuisance that annoys me every now and then. I should've known better to bring back a sly vampire back from the dead, but oh well. I was an idiot back then and all, a loser if one might want to add but even that can change." Missi doesn't want to elaborate at the 'loser' part. It was all the way back in the past, right before she discovered this place to read a book. "And I can change it easily while I drag your pale ass out of this castle. Guess who'd be smiling then."

She raised one fine brow, her eyes glowering up at Duke as she tiptoes to make herself somehow taller and bigger even though she knows she looks more of an angry Chihuahua as the height difference didn't change that much. Nonetheless, her scowling face is enough for Duke to flinch underneath her anger, and it was enough for Missi to proceed.

She grabbed him by his bicep with a vice-like grip ready to drag him across the whole of the castle if it only means getting rid of him, however before she could even begin to pull at Duke, he shouted a word- or a name maybe, she wasn't familiar with it- and a fluttering sound from above made its presence clear that it was an animal of some sort.

"Scopulus! Take milady to her room now. Quickly." Duke barked out his order brusquely and before Missi knew it, she was swept off her feet, her bruising grip on Duke was taken away together with her body as she was lifted off the ground.

"Hey!"

"It's already midday. I think you've stayed up enough."

In her panic, she pawed, trying to grasp for something to hold onto. Her hands came contact with the talons enclosed around her arms and in the process-

She dropped the cane.

______________________________

Missi was transported to her room. The animal, in truth, was some sort of a gargoyle brought to life. The chamber is dark and gloomy adding up to Missi's miserable state. Human, again. She thought disapprovingly. After a taste of immortality, she never would've thought of going back to his normal self. She'd prefer being a vampire, strong and dangerous, and right now, she's feeling the complete opposite and wasn't that just great? Of all the time to be nonthreatening, it has to be now. With the cane in Duke's hands, she told herself to be more careful around him, being just a human. She's quite frustrated from that fact. For now, as she sat dolefully on the king-sized bed, Missi decided to sleep for the day and hope for the best. After all, she can do nothing at this point. Well, nothing yet.