Steal!

You awoke with a groan as you found yourself all alone and face down in hay. You reached up and felt the top of the barrel before you started smacking the wooden surface until you happened upon your glasses. You lifted your face, straw sticking to your face and clinging to your haze as you wiped your face one time to get rid of the drowsiness and placed your glasses on. You sat up and yawned. You stretched and heard a inhuman amount of pops and cracks in your back.

(Y/n):I have a weird feeling that's because I slept in a stable. 

You were probably right. You pushed yourself up and looked around. It was just the norm, the sunlight pouring into the stables and the horses just doing horse like things like... breathing. No matter it was time to start your day! You trudged out of the stable in the direction of the guild because logically that would be the only other place your friends would be other than on a mission and they wouldn't leave you behind right? Your eyes widened before you sprinted the rest of the way to the guild stopping at the door and causally walking in as if you hadn't sprinted just now. As you walked in you scanned your surroundings and saw the hat of a certain explosive arch wizard. You began walking over when you heard the voice.

???:I've been looking for you.

You looked to your side and saw Darkness and a girl you did not know walking towards Kazuma.

(Y/n):Oh no! there's two of them now! If I don't help Kazuma's shut-in heart will explode!

You jogged over and arrived just before Darkness and her associate.

(Y/n):Kazuma! How's it been pal?!

Kazuma glanced between you and the girls with a panicked expression.

Darkness:Oh it's you Finland! It's so good to see you again.

You turned as Darkness rested her hand on your shoulder. A jolt shot through your body when her hand made contact with your shoulder. Your heart swelled and you felt as if you had saved Kazuma only to sacrifice yourself. You blushed heavily, whether it at the fact she said the wrong name or the contact, you would never know.

(Y/n):O-Oh it's um u-uh (Y-Y/n)?

What was with this girl?! She made it to where you questioned your own name!

Darkness:Oh i'm sorry I said Finland again. 

(Y/n):It's o-ok.

???:Hmmm... I like this one.

You looked past Darkness to see her friend moving closer. She was... well the only way you could describe her was beautiful. She was close to your age with a light complexion and stunning purple eyes. She had short silver hair that faded into a light purple that only gave more attention to her eyes. From what you could see she wore earrings and had a scar on her right cheek. You froze as she approached you with a smile. She extended her hand and gave you a dazzling smile that stopped your heart for a moment.

Chris:I'm Chris. Nice to meet you (Y/n).

You stared at her in awe before you reached for her hand and took it gently. You smiled lightly at her before rubbing your thumb over your connected hands. You didn't know why it just felt instinctive. You glanced up and noticed Chris had a light blush, but kept that bright smile. 

Chris:I know it's kinda forward, but could I.... hug you?

(Y/n):W-Wha?!

Chris:You just seem like a cuddly person. Can I?

(Y/n):I um u-uh I-I guess...

Chris moved in slowly as if you were a frightened animal and wrapped her arms around you pulling your into her soft embrace. It was awkward and you felt like your heart would explode, but their was a sense of familiarity in this embrace. It felt like the ones your mother would give you before she became so busy. How were your parents? Were they even upset that you were gone or were they so angry at your attackers and the stress of work that you were placed in the back of their minds again? You didn't care anymore to be honest. Slowly you wrapped your arms around Chris and pulled her close, reveling in the familiarity and warm of her form. She had a peculiar scent that was... fragrant? Was that the word? You closed your eyes to enjoy the moment until two things happened. You heard a grumble behind you. It wasn't Kazuma so it must have been Megumin, but why would she be upset that her student was hugging someone? Then the next thing to happen evolved the crusader next to you.