Chapter 3: MADELINE

The twins were chatting away with her mother, and for once Maddie didn't mind them talking so much. It gave her time to think about what had happened today. When they got home Maddie went to her bedroom and got her journal to write about today's events.

12 December 2013

Dear Diary:

Today was absolutely amazing but weird at the same time. First the girls and I had a blast at the shops and we bought a few pieces of clothes and jewellery. We would grab   of random clothing and then literally run to the change rooms and try it on. It may seem weird but it's fun! I got some new CD's as well such as Michael Buble's To Be Loved, Lady Antebellum Golden, and I decided to buy that album by Cody Simpson called Surfers Paradise. I've heard a few of his songs and I just decided to give his songs a try. We went to Mug & Bean for lunch which was delicious! We chatted about life and what we were going to do the rest of these holidays.

Something else happened today as well. Something that I thought would not happen as fast. We went to this house to meet a new family who will be joining us at church and their son is joining our worship band. His name is Conner Anderson and he's a pretty cool guy. He has this like brown sort of curly but not that curly and he has these blue eyes. He is quite good looking as well. His family is wonderful too and he has younger siblings who are adorable. I tripped while we were outside talking and he caught me which is movie but it was also really amazing. His smile is just contagious! We will see what happens.

Love Maddie.

By the time Maddie was finished writing in her journal she had collected some of her thoughts. She went to take a shower before going to see if she could help with dinner. When she was walking down the stairs she heard her dads voice in the kitchen. He must have come home when she was in the shower. When she enters the kitchen she heads straight to him to give him a hug.

"Hey Mads" he says.

"Hey Dad!" Maddie replies.

Once they were sitting at the table and had said grace they talk about the events of today. Maddie's mother mentions Conner joining the band and Maddie's father talks about a client he met today. Her dad is a Tax Consultant at a huge accounting and tax firm. Dinner ends in a good mood and Maddie goes up to her bedroom to phone her best friend Emily and tell her about Conner. She  had to tell someone.

"Hey Mads! What's up?" Emily answers.

"Hey Em!" Maddie replies.

"You will never guess what happened today?" Maddie says.

"What?" Emily asks curiously.

For the next half and hour Maddie tells Emily about her time with Conner. When she got off the phone with Emily, Maddie crawls into bed with her Bible and read a few passages until she falls asleep dreaming about the beach and the blue eyes. The next morning Maddie says goodbye to her parents and siblings as they go off to work and pre-school. Their housekeeper Mary comes in at 8:00 am and greets Maddie as she walks past. Maddie returns the greeting and carries on looking at her photo album to choose photos for her scrap-booking. Whilst looking at the albums she comes across her parents wedding album and slowly looks through them and letting her mind wonder.

Later after doing a few laps in the pool she pulls her book that contains all the songs she has attempted to write. One of the many hobbies that Maddie has is writing songs. She sits there for a while trying to finish one of the many songs she has tried. She gives up after an hour and sets up the instruments for band practice this evening. Band practice are usually either on Thursday's or Saturday's but for this week it is today, Thursday. Maddie was starting to feel a bit excited as she was going to see Conner tonight.