1

August 23, 2014
Kennsaw, Georgia
Vanessa,

"I guess this is it." I said. I am going to college in California. "I'll miss you." Isaac said. "I'll miss you too." I said. Isaac's going to college in Maryland.
He held me in his hands.

"Last call for flight 205 Fullerton, California."

"I love you." I told Isaac. "I love you too. " He gave me a weak smile. I got in the line.

I'm going to miss him so much. We have been together since sophomore year. We decided to not do a long distance relationship. It was mainly Isaac's idea.

July 22, 2018

"Hi mama G." I greeted Isaac' s mother. She turned around so fast. "You've grown up so fast." She hugged me.

I haven't seen her for two years. I stopped coming for holidays because I wanted to work during the holidays.

"You aren't going back to California right?" Mama G asked. "No I'm not." I said. "Good. Isaac's back too." She shook her head when she said the last sentence.

"Kaylee said something about him being back when we were talking on the phone." I mentioned. "I just sent him and his rude girlfriend to the store." She said.

"Where is my motherfucking best friend at?" I heard Kaylee yell. She came to the kitchen. "Kaylee watch your language." Mama G said. "Yes mom." She said.

She jumped on me. "I missed you." She said. "I missed you too." I smiled. Kaylee is Isaac's twin. She went to school here in Georgia.

"Why didn't you tell me that Isaac has a girlfriend?" I questioned. "If I told you, you wouldn't have came over." She stated. She was right.

I would've avoided running into Isaac if I knew he had a girlfriend. Now I can't because I promised Kaylee that I'll stay for dinner. He moved on. I have to move on too.

"We should go clubbing tonight." Kaylee suggested. "Nah. I don't feel like it." I said. "Too bad. I'm going to drag your ass out anyway." She smiled. "Language." Mama G reminded Kaylee.

She glared at her mom. Kaylee never takes no for an answer. That's what I love about her. She gets what she wants no matter what. We've been best friends since the fifth grade.

"Vanessa." I turned around. "Isaac." He dropped the bags and pulled me into a hug. His girlfriend cleared her throat. I immediately let go of him.

"Vanessa this is Sierra." He mentioned. "His rude ass girlfriend." Kaylee whispered. I snickered. Isaac sent a death glare to the both of us.

"I've heard a lot about you. You're really pretty Vanessa." Sierra said. "You're hair looks like antennas." I mentioned. Kaylee and I gave each other a high five.

I wasn't lying. She had cornrows. Instead of it ending in the back it was ending on the top of her head. It looks like she was hanging upside down when they did her hair. "I'm going to be upstairs." Sierra said.

"Damn. Y'all petty." Isaac said. "You know I don't like her. If I don't like somebody Vanessa isn't going to like the person too. That's how best friends work." Kaylee admitted.

"Y'all should get to know her. All y'all should go to a club or something." He said. "Let me ask you a question." I stated.

"Go ahead." He said. "Can she cook?" I wondered. "No she can't." He sighed. "I'm guessing she can't even boil an egg." I guessed. "She can't." He confirmed. "How did you two end up getting together?" Kaylee questioned.

"At first she was a rebound. I ended up having feelings for her so we decided to get together." He informed us.

"She needs a new hairstylist." Kaylee opinionated. She definitely did. "I guess we can go clubbing with her." I shrugged my shoulders. "She can't come with us." Kaylee denied.

"What time y'all wanna go?" He dissed Kaylee. "Eleven." I said. Kaylee kicked me. I glared at her. "She'll be ready." He left to go upstairs.

"What was that?" Kaylee pinched me. "Put you're hands on me one more time." I warned. "What you gonna do?" She inquired.

I made sure I punched her. "Ouch." She rubbed her arm. I sat on a stool.

"Why'd you invite her?" She asked. "Maybe she's not that bad." I hoped she wasn't.

Isaac,

"Or you still like him. He asks about you all the time. He just never called you because it was mainly his decision not to go with the long distance relationship." Kaylee informed her.

"I just need to block these feelings for him." Vanessa admitted. "Why are you eavesdropping Isaac?" My mom crossed her arms. "She still has feeling for me." I was shocked.

"It isn't easy for a woman to get over someone they've dated for two years. Let's talk in the living room." She elaborated. I sat on the couch. She sat next to me.

"Why couldn't a long distance relationship work for you two? It worked for your father and I." She mentioned. My father and my mother were high school sweethearts. My dad stayed here and went to college. My mom went to college in Texas.

"I was gonna mess it up." Vanessa would have never messed anything up between us. She's always loyal. "Do you love her?" She asked. "Yes, but I also like Sierra." I stated.

"We aren't talking about her. If you love her make it work." She suggested. "I am going to see where my relationship goes with Sierra first. I think Vanessa and I weren't meant to be." I stated.

"God can make anything happen. Catch up on things with her in the mean time. She was you're first supporter. She went to all your football games even when you both were just friends." She reminded me. I smiled.