She's surprised by my response but doesn't change her strong, independent facade.

I was assaulted by witches in that bayou, it's crawling with wolves and not to mention Marcel is on high alert down there.

No way is either of them going out there, especially with my life tied to Sophie's.

"One of the wolves out there has been following me around, and I want to know why."

"Well you can go take a nice stroll when it isn't crawling with witches and Marcel's army" I answer frustrated by her stubbornness.

"The whole reason I came to this stupid town in the first place was to learn more about my family." She gives me the eye, as if to say she still doesn't believe that I am in fact her blood. And yet, she can believe some wolf in the bayou is.

She turns to Sophie. "Your sister is the one that told me Marcel ran the werewolves out of the Quarter into the bayou, and last night, pretty sure that some guardian angel wolf saved my life. So I'm coming with you."

I was warming up to the idea. I want Hayley to find what it was she was looking for when she came here, even if it isn't me. It hurt, but in the end she's family, and I want her to get everything she wants out of life.

It didn't change the fact that I'm pregnant, tied to Sophie and Marcel is still out there. There was too much that could go wrong.

"Could you two be more idiotic?" I'm thankful to hear Rebekah's voice as she gracefully enters the room. "Two can play the follow game, you know? Klaus and Marcel are heading right where you're going, you realise this, yes?"

I know it's beyond stupid and borderline idiotic, but the way Hayley looks to me, like she desperately needs help, tells me its time to step up.

I promised Niklaus no magic, which meant I had to be smart.

The first step, keeping him away from the bayou.

Hayley's pleading eyes, tell me its time to step in.

Family is family.

I turn to Rebekah, ready for a beat down.

"So distract them because unless you want to lock a hormonal, pregnant werewolf in a tomb, we're going out there, and wouldn't Elijah be mad if he hears that the baby and I died of asphyxiation?"

It was a low blow, but I wasn't going to allow Hayley to go out there by herself.

-

"What's the matter, Rebekah? You cross that I'm out with your ex?"

I accidently laugh out loud as I listen in on Rebekah's phone call with Niklaus. We'd already made it out to the Bayou, and I was thankful she decided to join us and simply ask Niklaus to do the stalling. I feel a lot safer being out here with her, now that I'm somewhat powerless.

"What is all that dreadful hillbilly racket in the background?" She questions, and I do in fact agree, it is dreadful.

"According to the dreadful signage, it's Big Augggie's Bayou Bar."

Feeling my shoes sink into the dirt, Rebekah replies. "Well, order up a few rounds of moonshine and stay clear of the dead witches for a few. The witch is on a burial mission, your baby mama is on a spirit quest with her new-found grandniece, and I'm keeping Elijah's promise to keep her safe.So stall, please."

I hadn't thought of Hayley in any way being my niece until I heard the word come from Rebekah's mouth.

Looking over to Hayley, I see her stature change shape and her facial expression turn blank. She doesn't know what to think or believe.