prologue

* * * * * * *

* * * * * * *

MACKENZIE WENT TO HER SISTER'S ROOM and took a seat next to her on the bed.

"i'm hungry." her older sister, maddie says, starting a conversation.

"mom still has some leftover spaghetti downstairs," mackenzie replies, but maddie shook her head.

"not in the mood," maddie replies, mackenzie continued to think of possible meals they could both have and at the end their stomachs will be pleased.

"chicken wings?" mackenzie asks, maddie shook her head again.

"too greasy." maddie says. she was one who wasn't very fond of chicken wings.

"pizza?" mackenzie asks again, and maddie took a moment to think.

"sure," maddie replies.

mackenzie then got her phone, and dialed the number of her favorite pizza place, domino's.

she ordered a simple cheese pizza, her and maddie didn't really enjoy the idea of toppings on pizza, probably only pineapple.

"got the usual." mackenzie says, placing her phone back into her pocket.

"thanks. tonight's on me since i'm the hungry one." maddie offers, mackenzie replies with a smile.

* * * * * * *

the pizza boy looked at the addresses of homes in the neighborhood of levett, the same neighborhood he lived in.

then he found the correct address.

the home had looked very familiar to him. the person that owned the house he probably knew. but, he still couldn't catch who did.

he then rang the doorbell, and a girl answered it.

"mackenzie?" he asks. that was his ex.

"oh— hi johnny." mackenzie replies to him, she felt awkward around him, because she knew they used to be together.

"pizza is $15." johnny says, breaking the silence.

"yeah, thanks." mackenzie says as she hands the money to him, taking the pizza.

she then closed the door, going back upstairs to maddie's room.

she handed the pizza box with no words. maddie had become busy once she bit the pizza, but she noticed something was off with her younger sister.

"you alright?" maddie asks her. mackenzie simply nodded.

"no, there's something wrong. what happened?" maddie asks her, mackenzie hesitated to answer, but she did anyways because she trusted her sister with her life.

"the pizza boy he was—" she stuttered.

"he was what?" maddie asks again.

"it was johnny." mackenzie says.

* * * * * * *

AUTHOR'S NOTE !
this. sucks. but. i'm. posting. it. anyways.