Chapter 7

Todoroki groaned as he rolled out bed. Why must school make me suffer like this? Why so early? He dragged his feet lazily across the hard wood floor all the way to his bathroom.

He placed his hands on the cold sink and half opened his eyes to look at his reflection. His hair was a mess of tangles and knots. He looked like some sort of peppermint mad scientist. He chuckled lightly at his reflection and grabbed his toothbrush out of the plastic cup holding it. He brushed his teeth and afterwards combed his hair. He stared at his reflection with a frown, or more so at his scar. He growled lightly and shut his eyes tight.

I am not my father. I am not my father....

But someday I will be...

He shook his head and left the bathroom, just wanting to get on with his day. He didn't need another mental breakdown this early in the morning. Deep breathes Shoto. He reached into his closet and grabbed his uniform, getting dressed rather quickly.

He left his room and walked downstairs to grab some breakfast. He turned the corner to enter the kitchen and saw his father standing at the fridge. "Good morning father," he said with a salty tone. He pushed past Endeavor to grab some bread.

"Morning son," Endeavor replied. He glanced over at Todoroki as the boy made toast. "You seeing that boy again today?" He asked casually. "Yes dad we go to the same school," Todoroki replies in a snarky tone as he spread peanut butter on his toast. He took the plate and went to sit at their dining table. "Ah, right" Mr. Todoroki said as Shoto left the room.

Todoroki sighed as he sat down at the large table. He took a bite out of his toast and checked his social media. Not even 5 seconds after he had taken his first bite had the doorbell rang. And Todoroki knew exactly who that was.

"I'll get it" he called to the house and began to walk towards the door. He placed a hand on the doorknob and firmly gripped it before turning it and opening the door. Low and behold freckle-faced Midoriya was standing on his doorstep.

"Morning" the boy said with a smile, praying to god that his voice wouldn't crack out of nervousness. Todoroki nodded at Izuku. "Good morning" he said and stepped out of the way so Midoriya could come inside. Midoriya gave Todoroki a weak smile and stepped inside the house. His eyes widened with astonishment as he took in the size of the house. He had't noticed before, but the house was enormous!

"Woah" Izuku gazed in awe at the living space. "Yeah it's pretty big" Todoroki chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "It's huge!" Midoriya exclaimed with wide eyes staring all around him. Todoroki cracked a smile as he watched the boy. Izuku seemed to be the only one who could make him really, honestly smile.

Midoriya turned back to Shoto and smiled. "You ready to go?" "Uh almost. I just have to finish my breakfast..." he trailed off as he looked at Midoriya. His gaze shifted to the smaller boy's forehead, and the purple mark hiding under his bangs.

"Is that a bruise?" He asked and stepped closer to Izuku. "Um, no. I don't know what you're talking about" Midoriya lied and took a step back. He was to embarrassed to admit he ran into a pole last night.

Todoroki frowned, knowing Midoriya was lying. "Midoriya don't lie to me" he said somewhat sternly but still keeping a calm tone. He took another step closer to him but this time holding on gently to his arm so Izuku couldn't move. Midoriya involuntarily blushed pink as memories of the hallway flooded his mind once more.

Shoto lightly brushed Midoriya's bangs away from his forehead and saw the purple mark painted in front of him. He sighed and started walking to the kitchen. "I'll get an ice pack" "It's okay Todoroki! It happened last night and it doesn't hurt as much anymore" Midoriya said and grabbed the other boy's hand.

Todoroki stopped walking and turned back. He glanced down at their hands before looking back up at Izuku, who was again blushing. Todoroki let go of his hand and pulled it to his side. "You sure?" He asked and looked down, as he was blushing too.

Izuku nodded and fiddled with his thumbs. Todoroki nodded in response and went to grab his toast. He took the two slices and stuffed them in a ziplock bag before going back to Midoriya. "I'll just take these to go" he said simply before getting his shoes on. "Okay" Midoriya agreed and held the door open for Shoto as he walked out. Todoroki thanked him and waited for the other outside.

- - -

They walked down the street together in silence. It was definitely an awkward silence. Neither of them knew what to say. Were they supposed to just act normal? Bring the incident from last night up?

Finally, Midoriya made a bold choice. "Todoroki? I need to talk to you about something..." he said as he gripped the straps of his backpack.

Shit. Here we go. "What is it?" He asked stupidly, knowing exactly what it was.

"It's about yesterday" Izuku said and looked down, knowing that this was a bad idea. But it was too late now. "And.....uh, us...almost...." he struggled to get the words out of his mouth. "I know" Todoroki saved him. Midoriya let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"I think we should just forget about it" Todoroki said quickly, feeling his heart lurch.

Midoriya's breath hitches and he stopped walking. He shut his eyes tight and bit back his tears. Why does this hurt so bad?

Todoroki stopped as well and turned back to Izuku. "Midoriya?" He called back. He heard the small boy sniffle and saw him tighten his grip around the straps of his backpack.

There was a long pause. The silence was deafening. Todoroki heard his heart pound in his ears like a drum.

At last Midoriya cleared his throat. "We should hurry to school" he said quietly and continued walking. He walked past Todoroki and the taller boy caught a glimpse of his face.

He saw it. The heartbreak, the sadness, the shear pain in his eyes. And he knew, he had really screwed up.

- - -

Hey guys! Sorry there wasn't a lot of Tododeku action in this chapter but you can look forward to next chapter! There will definitely be some action in there. Just be patient. Alright that's all for now. Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts! I loves ya!<3