Chap. 1: Dreamers and Their Dreams.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Prince Gumball stumbled, and an encompassing blackness followed.

--

The prince awoke in a cold sweat, his heart racing as he sat up.

'Just a dream,' he thought. 'It was just a crazy, stupid little dream.'

Prince Gumball slowed his breathing and heart rate before stretching his small, pink body out. He extended his arms above his head, sighing as he thought of the beautiful music he'd heard in his dream. Just the thought of seeing the person who had created such a sound excited him.

Gumball stood up, pulling on a large, bright pink sweater as he'd been informed of the chilly rain storm the night before. The prince hesitated before pulling on a pair of blue jeans. He decided on being casual, despite his duties.

Gumball left his bedroom in a hurry, rushing down to the Candy Castle's dining room, his feet clattering on the sweet, edible tile of the palace.

"Peppermint Maid!" The prince called loudly. "I'd like a word with you."

The Maid came rushing in to do her prince's bidding, a warm smile on her face as always before pulling out one of the plush, pink chairs for Gumball to lower himself down.

Prince Gumball flashed the maid a small, toothy grin that was typical of him as he positioned himself comfortably in the chair she'd pulled out for him. Gumball crossed his legs, placing his hands in his lap before speaking. "Pepper, have you ever heard a song so beautiful, that it just makes you feel... I don't know the word... Alive?"

Gumball thought about the vagueness of his question, thinking to rephrase but deciding against it.

Peppermint Maid blushed a bright pink; she was not used to being asked such questions. Her response was simple. "No, my prince."

Gumball shook his head, sighing softly as he placed his elbow on the colorful dining table, resting his head in his hand, staring at the wall. "Oh Pepper, if only you had heard the song in my dream last night! The sound was so intoxicating! I remember the words, the tune, the vibrant melody that understood me... It was so... Refreshing."

Peppermint Maid nodded, not out of understanding, but out of desire to please her prince. "Maybe you could tell me some of the words, Master Gumball?"

Prince Gumball stood up, nodding subtly before he began to sing a few words in an off-key, yet decent voice.

"You may have given up

But I will lift you up

I will always carry you

Cause you are sweet and pure

Yeah you are beautiful

In everything you do..." Gumball trailed off, looking at Peppermint Maid with his teeth sunk hard into his lower lip. "Some dream, huh?"

Peppermint Maid nodded, her smile slightly lopsided as she reached out to pat her prince on his shoulder, the amusing height difference causing Prince Gumball's smile to grow.

Gumball straightened his back out, spontaneously placing a small kiss to the maid's head before speaking quickly. "Oh I really should begin my daily baking, you know they'll never make the quota without me!" A carefree laugh passed the prince's lips as he moved from the dining room into the small kitchen in the castle.

Peppermint Maid smiled as her prince walked away. It was good to see him happy, she thought.

Prince Gumball zipped through his daily amount of baking, setting aside a few sweets for his friends Fionna and Cake. He knew they were suckers for his pastries, practically everyone was.

In the final batch, Prince Gumball spotted a slightly deformed pastry among perfectly fine ones. Gumball hated to throw things away, and the only person he would be willing to give something so deformed to was that sassy scoundrel, Marshall Lee.

With a loud sigh, Gumball had the small cake shipped off to Marshall Lee's doorstep with a sarcastic note inserted. The note read, "thanks for not killing all my citizens. -your bff Gumball."

Gumball cracked himself up.

If Marshall Lee meant anything to him, then he wasn't a pink prince of the Candy Kingdom.

--

--

Marshall Lee woke up slowly. The pain throughout his body had subsided, but he still felt the same.

Suddenly, a sweet smell filled the thin, cool air of his cave.

Shirtless, and in his black boxers, Marshall Lee retrieved the small package through the sunless shoot he had attached to the door so he could retrieve things during daylight hours.

The Vampire King picked up the small box from the shoot, reading the note attached on pink colored paper, his eyes widening slightly. "thanks for not killing all my citizens. -your bff Gumball."

Marshall chuckled, opening the box to find a raspberry cake, a delectable shade of red. The only thing wrong was the small burnt spot, which Marshall barely noticed as he drank from Prince Gumball's pastry.

Marshall sighed as he finished, wiping his lips clean.

Marshall now knew that he very well liked sweet things.

--

If you liked it, a comment or a vote would be awesome! Thanks for reading, even if you didn't enjoy, x. The song is called "No More Bad Days," by This Wild Life.