"Okay, so maybe last year we discovered that the lab wasn't really part of the government, but was creating super weapon children and made a tear in our dimension and let lose a demogorgin which kidnapped Will." He rushed out backing up as the brunette's eyes widened. Blinking a few times, she squeezed her eyes shut trying to comprehend what her neighbor just said to her.

"So," She took a deep breath, "what you're saying is that basically I'm running around the woods trying not to get killed because this laboratory ripped a hole in our dimension?"

"Well more like ripped a tear." Looking to Steve and seeing him nod confirming her fears, her gaze landed on the faraway lab. As she tried to control her breathing, Frankie just looked at each member of the group.

"Just forget I asked."

-

The walk to the lab was pretty silent. After the whole explanation of what happened last year, everyone kept to themselves. Each member of the group felt kind of uncomfortable about Frankie's little outburst. They were mostly guilty, dragging the unknown girl into the mess. Even Max agreed to all the trouble and danger before being told the whole story of what happened last year while Frankie was just thrusted into it with no explanation.

Frankie felt bad for ignoring everyone and for freaking out Dustin. She was scared and felt betrayed. She had thought that everyone was just going along trusting each other trying to help one another out. But, three fourths of the group had experienced what happened while the other one was told what happened. She sort of felt that the group didn't trust her. All those days of trying to figure out what went wrong with Dustin and her's relationship, only to find out that Dustin just didn't trust her enough to confide in her. Well it hurt. And yeah, the others didn't know her as well as Dustin, but she seriously spent the last two days of her life on this rollercoaster of an adventure and no one could tell her what was really going on?

Moping about a yard or two behind the group, Frankie hoped they were getting close to the lab. She wasn't sure why they were walking to the place where the monsters were, but she'd do anything to just sit down, her feet were killing her. Trying her best not to trip on some branches, her brows furrowed at the voice calling through the trees. Emerging from the forest, Frankie raised her brow at the pair that met them.

"Steve?!" They asked in unison completely gobsmacked at the fluffy haired teen leading a group of middle schoolers and one straggler through the forest.

"Nancy"

"Jonathan"

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asked as the two groups walked towards each other. Steve asked the same question, and Frankie blanked out. Eyes drifting to the blacked out lab, they ran across the expanse and landed on the car just outside the gate. Saying a quick thank you, she was relieved to know that she didn't have to walk anymore. Knowing they all couldn't fit she figured being sat on was better than walking all the miles she did today.

Hearing the loud growls from the otherwise dormant building, everyone turned to the lab in fear. It seemed as if Mike, Will, Chief Hopper, and Mrs Byers were all in the building. Rubbing her temples as the group started once again arguing and talking loudly, Frankie failed to notice the power go back up in the building.

"The power's back." Nancy said, running towards the gate entrance with the rest of the group on her tail. Jonathan ran to the guard post pressing the gate button but nothing happened. Dustin, who believed he could do a better job at pressing the button, squeezed into the small space arguing with Jonathan.

"It's just a button Dusty." Frankie said calmly, leaning against the car. Laying down on the hood, the stars seemed to be a lot brighter that night. Connecting them and making shapes, the girl was trying to fill her head with anything other than Chief Hopper, Mrs Byers, and Dustin's friends being ripped to death by the monsters. Morbid, she knew, which is why she concentrated so hard on finding different constellations.

"Son of a bitch!" Dustin yelled out ruining Frankie's concentration. Throwing herself off of the car, she walked to the guard post hip checking her neighbor out of the way.

"Watch and learn." She said, raising an eyebrow smugly at her neighbor before leaning dramatically down to press the red button (which she knew wasn't going to work). Dustin was stressed out and making him laugh was the only way she knew how to get him out of his head. Well, that and playing his little digger game at the arcade. Going back to the task at hand, she cracked her knuckles for show and stretched out her finger. Pressing the small red button, Frankie made a noise of surprise as the gate began to open.

"Oh my god, I did it!" She cheered turning to a shocked Dustin. Running out of the post, the three of them waited for the gate to open to continue their next move. Of course they weren't sure if the Chief and everyone else were actually in the building, but it seemed to be the only plausible place for them to be.

"Okay so me and Jonathan will go inside and see if they're there, you guys wait out here. Keep a look out, got it?" Nancy said quickly before jumping into the passenger seat of Jonathan's car. Before anyone could retaliate, they sped off almost hitting the kids in the process.

"So... how'd you do that thing with the gate?" Steve asked curiously a couple minutes after the pair sped off. Glancing up from her spot on the floor, she met his nonchalant gaze. She stood up before leaning her shoulder against the post. Looking kind of nervous, she glanced back at the kids seeing them minding their own business before turning back and leaning in close to Steve.

"If I tell you, do you promise to keep it a secret?" She whispered. Steve just nodded quickly, entranced with the way she was leaning in closer. He couldn't stop staring at the girl in front of him. Even though her cheeks were red with exhaustion and there were a few twigs in her hair, he had never seen someone look that beautiful. Snapping himself out of it, he listened to the words come through her lips.

"I- I'm Nine." She whispered completely serious. Hearing the boy snort and seeing his unconvinced face, her own face crumbled. "You don't believe me?" She asked, tears starting to form in her eyes. Her reaction made him back pedal and he immediately shook his head.

"No no no no, I believe you." He said comfortingly putting his hands on her shoulders. Giving her a smile, he continued. "Just, prove it."

Making sure the others were busy with something else, the brunette nervously began to lift up the sleeve of her shirt. Steve, transfixed on the skin being shown, scoffed.

"Really Frankie?" He asked, frowning. Seeing the girl's cheeks crunch and her eyes close tightly from laughter, he felt a warmness in his chest. Ignoring the writing on her wrist saying 'gotcha', he focused on the sound of her laugh and the way her shoulders hunched in glee.

"Sorry." She said between her laughs. She wasn't sorry.

Hearing the honking from inside the gate, the teens along with the kids peered inside noticing two racing cars coming full speed ahead at them. Running out of the way before they could get run over, the groups hearts were pounding. A Hawkins police truck came to an abrupt stop in front of them. Chief Hopper who looked worse for wear looked at the group before him.

"Let's go!" He yelled, completely out of breath. They didn't waste a second, everyone piling into the truck. Frankie who was at the end pushed the kids inside trying to make space for herself in the back. They jumped in quickly, and before she could follow, Steve grabbed her and lifted her into the front with him. Blushing at his hands on her, she felt like she was going to explode with half of her body on top of his as Chief Hopper raced out of the area.

"Where are we going?" She cried out as the car went above eighty miles per hour. She was going to be sick at the way Hopper was driving. She didn't even have a seatbelt on, only being held down by Steve's arm around her middle.

"Who's this?" The Chief asked Steve looking towards the brunette girl quickly before going back to the road.

"This is Frankie, she's-" Dustin yelled out from the back gaining everyone's attention. Cutting him off, she said defeatedly.

"I'm the babysitter."

-

an: sorry is all I can say but I made this one longer than usual and I hope you like all the jokes and funny lines I put in here lol anyways thank you guys for getting this story to reach 13k thats so crazy! also didn't really edit just skimmed so if there's mistakes ignore lol