e i g h t

"I'm going to kill you, Steve Harrington!"

"You'll have to catch me first, Franny Walsh."

Seething, Frankie went to grab for the seventeen year old, but was held back by her neighbor. If those monsters didn't kill that idiot, she was going to. He didn't get to go play hero, while the rest of them stayed helpless in this trash can of a bus. Him and nailed baseball bat against a monster from another dimension, sounds fair right?

"What's he doing?" Max said, frantically jumping off of the ladder.

"Expanding the menu."

Seeing him walk out of the bus just proved how real this was. Yeah, it was all fun and games making the fortress and walking down the train tracks, but now it was serious. Why did she agree to do this. She was only seventeen, not sure where she wanted to go to college, not sure what she wanted to do with her life, not even sure about what she wanted to eat after she was done with this hellish nightmare, but here she was risking her life? And for what? Saving the whole town? She didn't even like most of the people in this dusty town, but here she is, risking her precious life for them all for a measly twenty bucks.

Watching the brunette slowly walk the distance of the junkyard, Frankie couldn't help the cold feeling wash upon her. She was scared. Steve was all alone out there with his only defense being a baseball bat. Honestly, she was a little jealous of him, all she had was three preteens who she had to protect even though if she got the chance she'd run for the hills. She didn't want to be that person, you know the one in the horror movies who at first chance gets an escape runs for the hills, but c'mon the scariest thing she's ever done is try the seafood salad from Taco Bell.

"He's insane."

"He's awesome."

"He's going to get us all killed." The oldest of the little group said with a straight face, almost to the point of exploding.

Frankie was a very calm person, very joyful and one to always have fun. This was not fun. If you looked up the definition of 'not fun' there would be a picture of her grasping the metal grid separating her from Steve Harrington, in despair. Closing her eyes, she tried to calm herself down. Although she looked like she was as cool as a cucumber, she was one second away from short circuiting.

"Steve! Watch out!" Lucas screamed from the top of the bus. Her breathing began to quicken as her eyes rapidly searched the junk yard. Seeing two more monsters come from the right, Frankie let out a squeak. Running as fast as she could to the entrance, she pulled the door open with Dustin. As Dustin shouted abort, Frankie felt her body riding on overdrive as she saw the look of genuine fear in Steve's eyes. If she was Steve, she would have already ran her ass back into the bus with the others. The kids began shouting encouraging (and pretty scared) 'run's as Steve sprinted back into the bus. Holding the door open, Dustin closed it as Steve dived inside landing perfectly on top of Frankie who grasped him tightly in her arms.

"Oh my god, Steve." Frankie whispered, clutching him close. She couldn't believe how close he was to that thing. Actually, she couldn't believe that he walked out of the bus putting himself basically on a dinner plate for them. She felt relieved knowing he was safe again. Running a hand comfortingly through his hair, more so to calm herself down, she felt tears begin to fall from her eyes. Dustin and his friends were so brave, she didn't know how they were all so calm when she was basically crying her eyes out.

Shaking as the monster pounded on the door, she felt numerous hands clinging onto her. One hand squeezing Steve to her chest and the other gripping Dustin's sweaty palm, her breath was coming out in fast pants. Steve, being the obvious hero that he is grabbed a spare piece of tin shoving it in front of the closed door for an added layer of protection, she didn't know exactly how long that was going to protect them, but it was more than nothing.

The sounds of screams could be heard from miles. Lucas's scream basically punctured a drum in Frankie's ear in the few seconds they were all huddled up on each other. As the monster continued to pound it's way through the door, the kids got up trying to get away from it, dragging Frankie with them who was barely holding it together. Steve pulled up the bat and began bashing the monster trying to come inside.

Holding onto the ladder leading up to the top of the bus for dear life, Frankie didn't know how longer she could do this. Her heart was pounding so loud she could hear it, or maybe it was the ringing in her ears from the preteens' screams. The kids were a lot better at this monster hunting thing than she was. Dustin who was shouting into his walkie was obviously freaking out but held it in for the group. Max who was skillfully hiding in one of the booths to her right, kept quiet although held a look of fear on her face. Lucas crouched in the corner looking worst for wear, but kept his composure even though he was close to tears. She didn't know how these kids did it.

The claw that poked through the back of the bus made them all scream. Turning around in shock, Frankie tried to get away from the thing tearing its way through the bus. Back stiffening against the hard metal of the ladder, she held onto Max for dear life.

"We are at the old junkyard and we are going to die!" Dustin screamed into his walkie.

Before she could yell at the curly haired boy to shut up, she noticed Max's rigid posture staring towards the front of the bus. Hoping that this wasn't a 'Shining' moment and Max was one of those creepy twin girls who stares into nothing, Frankie turned hesitantly to where Steve was. Standing on her toes to see over the seat hiding his battle, her eyes raised to the top of the bus where she could see something approaching. Squeezing her eyes shut, praying that this was all a dream, she opened them hopelessly.

Leaning directly above her was one of the monsters. It's mouth was like a flower. When it was closed it resembled a bud in the winter, tightly sealed letting nothing come in and out. When it was open, it was like the first day of spring, petals blooming beautiful reminding you that everything right was in the world. But this was no flower, it was a flesh hungry monster from planet krypton wanting to wipe out the entire human race. Well, not really, but coming face to face with what you'd expect to be a stigma and it actually being a dark throat surrounded by teeth, didn't help Frankie's perspective.

Staring directly into the mouth of the thing that was about to kill her, was the breaking point for Frankie. Her body was fine with running after her neighbor and building barricades, but for some unexplainable reason, coming face to face with the end was too much. Breaths shallow, stomach lurching, and eyes rolling to the back of her head, the seventeen year old's body seemed to fail her. Crumbling into nothing, the last thing she remembered were sharp teeth, shouts, and gentle hands gripping her tight.

-

an: sorry for the long wait, it feels like I'm saying that a lot lately but I'm sorry school and work and other things are taking a toll on me but don't worry lol also if this chapter sucks sorry I'm not a great writer especially at action scenes so... also I just published my oc book if you're interested and if there's anything you want to see on there let me know!