Chapter Six

Anari sat patiently during her lesson with Septa Mordane. Sansa and Arya were off doing their own lessons elsewhere while Mordane spoke to Anari about things her sisters were not ready to learn. Considering she was the oldest, Mordane thought it would be best to begin teaching the girl about what was to be expected of her should she marry.

She instructed Anari as to what she needed to do, and how she had to fulfil her duty. To honor her husband and his House, but to also not forget who she was. While Catelyn was a Stark by marriage, she was a Tully by blood, and she didn't let anyone forget it. Family, Duty, Honor, the words of the Tully house. Winter is coming, the words of the Stark House, and depending on the House her husband was part of, Anari was expected to uphold their house words as well.

Not only that, but Anari was reminded of her other duties. She had to keep her husband's confidence, to aid him when she could, but to know when the hold her tongue. Though, another duty of hers would be to bare her husband a son, an heir. Anari knew what her duties were, and while she respected them, she didn't particularly want them. However, she couldn't outwardly say that without getting admonished.

Anari would not allow her dreams to be crushed so easily, though. What Anari noted during her lesson, was that Mordane said nothing about how she was to act with her husband when not in a social setting. Though, Anari guessed that perhaps it would be best to try and befriend the man a little, when the time came.

It would be in her best interest, and his, should they want the match to work. If they find they are not compatible before the marriage, then they would break their engagement. It'd be unfortunate if they did not get along well when they were already married. It would be a waste of time, in Anari's opinion.

However, their lessons were cut short by one of her father's guards entering the room. "I beg pardon for my disturbance, my Lady," he said, bowing his head to Anari. "But Lady Arya is missing." he continued. "We cannot find her anywhere, and she has been gone for quite some time now," Anari rose from her seat in an instant, fear and panic coursing through her all at once. Anari excused herself from her lesson and left to help the guards search for her sister.

~

Anari was worried; she searched the Keep high and low, asking those around her if they had seen her sister. Worrying her teeth over her bottom lip, Anari walked briskly through the halls. She tried to think of the likely places she would be; even searching the room they trained with Syrio.

She didn't find Arya there, so she left once more. On her travels, as Anari turned down the hall, she nearly collided with someone. "I beg pardon Lord Renly," she apologized once she realized who it was. "I wasn't watching where I was going."

"We must stop startling each other when we meet, my Lady." Renly smiled. "Is there something wrong?" He questioned, his light tone replaced with concern. Anari's face was drawn and her eyes were wide and slightly panicked

Anari sighed, glancing at the floor to collect herself before raising her eyes to meet his. "I was informed that my sister Arya is missing," she replied. "No one has seen her, and I've checked everywhere I can think of."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Renly frowned. "Is there anything I can do?"

"I don't know," Anari replied honestly. "I think perhaps I'll go to my father's chambers and wait for her there. That's where she'll be once she's found." Renly nodded in return as Anari offered him a small smile.

"I hope you find her soon," he said. "She can't have gotten too lost." He offered an optimistic smile. Though, he decided not to relay his caution about the people in this city. King's Landing was not a safe city, for anyone. Especially not a Lord's daughter, though, seeing her worry, Renly decided not to cause her to be in anymore distress than she already was.