Bali: I dunno. They needa work they shit out.

Me: I don't know.

Bali: Just do it.

I huffed.

Me: How do I even get in contact with him?

Bali: He's in room 1032. Amber is probably there wit' him so try and get him to go into the hall.

Me: Okay. I'll be back.

Bali: Aigh'.

I left out of her room and went to find Lucas's room while hoping that Lucas answers and not Amber.

I found the room and knocked. A few seconds later, a shirtless Lucas answered it.

Lucas: Uh, wassup?

I nodded my head and walked down the hall, signaling him to follow me. I stopped at the very end of the hall and entered the stairwell. A few seconds later he came into it with me.

Lucas: Your Kalani's friend, right?

Me: Yeah, that's me. My name is Trinity by the way but Kalani is working today and I told her I was going to go eat lunch with her today and bring Bali with me.

Lucas: Okay? Why are you tellin' me this?

Me: Because Bali told me to tell you to go instead of us because yall got shit to work out. I honestly hate you because you hurt my best friend but usually Bali is smart and gives out good advice and if she says yall needa work shit out, then I'll believe her.

Lucas: So?

I sighed.

Me: Kalani is at work, like I said. I want you to go and try to make this right with her.

Lucas: Aight', so where do she work?

Me: There is a plaza called Valley. In that plaza is a store called Starbucks. Her break is at four-thirty. So, if you can't make it, oh well. Good luck.

I walked off, leaving him in the stairwell.

Lucas | 3:35 pm

I sat on the bed watchin' Amber get ready to do a new video

Amber: Why are you staring?

Me: What, I can't stare?

She shot me a smirk.

Amber: Nope.

I chuckled.

Me: Aight', I won't.

She laughed as she set up the camera.

Me: While you do your video, imma head out.

Amber: Oh okay, to where?

Me: Roun' the city. Been a while since I saw it, so thought I'd see wassup wit' it now.

Amber: We can go later, if you want some company?

Me: Nah, it's coo' babygirl. Kinda just wanna be alone right now.

Amber: Okay. Well be safe and bring me some food back.

Me: Aigh'.

I already had on my shirt and pants, so all I had to do was slip on my Jordan's and I was ready.

After kissing Amber's cheek and telling her I was leaving, I was now headed down to the lobby where I had an Uber waiting for me. I slid into the Toyota and the driver pulled off. I went to Bali's contact.

Me : Fuck nigga. Better hope this work, ion like to be lookin stupid.

I slipped my phone away and looked out the window.

Soon we pulled up and I thanked him before getting out. I headed into the plaza and went towards the Starbucks. I opened the door and saw her behind the register. I checked my phone and saw it was four-twenty-five. I decided to sit in the corner and wait for her to get off.

Seven minutes later she was coming from behind the counter with a drink, a grilled cheese and a brownie, classic Lani. She was about to sit at the table beside mine until she saw me looking at her. Her face hardened before she came and sat in front of me.

Kalani: How in the hell did you find out where I worked?

Me: Can we talk?

Kalani: There is nothing to talk about.

Me: Just lemme-

Kalani: What, explain?

Me: Well, yea'?

Kalani: No. You have nothing to explain, Lucas. Just leave me alone. Pretty sure when you leave again, you'll forget me again.

She got ready to get up and leave but I grabbed her phone, which stopped her.

Kalani: Give me my phone.

Me: You'll get it back when you listen to what I have to say.

Kalani: No. Not happening, now give it back.

Me: Aigh', you don't wanna listen to me, hang out wit' me tomorrow.

Kalani: Definitely not.

Me: You gotta choose one if you want yo phone back.

When she knew I wasn't bluffing, she sighed and sat back down in the chair.

Kalani: I'll listen to what you have to say but make it quick. My shift resumes in fifteen and I want to eat.

Me: Just eat while I talk.

Kalani: But when I talk, your gonna see everything in my mouth.

Me: Aint nothin' new.

She rolled her eyes and shoved a piece of brownie in her mouth.

Kalani: Well talk.

Me: Aigh' okay. Imma be honest wit' you and tell you that when I left and after two weeks went by, I thought I wouldn't ever see you again and I was right-

Kalani: How in the hell are you right if we are face to face right now?

Me: Think about it, Lani. We wouldn't be face to face right now if it wasn't for the fact that Bali is friends with yo friend. They are the reason that I am here right now.

She opened her mouth to say something but closed it.

Me: See?

Kalani: So, you thought that it was okay to just stop communicating with me?

Me: I tried, I really did but we were in different time zones. Yea' it was only three hours but sometimes I aint get outta the studio 'til three and I know mostly your sleep by one. So yea, slowly they did stop and I'm sorry.

Kalani: And so you thought it would be okay to just move on and forget about me?

Me: Nah, it wasn't okay. I shoulda told you that I got a girlfriend. I shoulda told you that we were just drifting apart, but I just forgot.

Kalani: And that was your mistake.

Me: Can't I make it up to you?

Kalani: You can never make up two years of just forgetting about someone. I honestly don't want to see you again Lucas. Each time I see you, I admit, I do get this feeling that I like but then it goes away when I remember that I was just forgotten for two fucking years.

She held her hand out for her phone.

Kalani: Hurry up, my shift resumes in five minutes.

I set her phone down in the palm of her hand. She took it and walked off.

- - -

Chapter four

I believe this chapter was better than the others.