Fuck the sub

Newts POV

I was sat on the train at 12:50 in the afternoon, hanging on for dear life to the flimsy yellow strap hanging from the ceiling of the train, avoiding all eye contact and considering the opportunity to slap the bloke behind me in the face for taking up the room with his suitcase. I was too tired to care about the overwhelming number of people or the stench of sour milk diffusing from the seat in the far corner that no one had chosen to sit in due to the rather damp and mouldy exterior.
Fuck it. Fuck the sub.
The familiar bing of the next stop bounced a little too loudly from the speakers and was followed by a tinny if cheery voice.
"This will be our final stop for the next hour. Please make sure you're seated. Thank you!" She sang before the bing repeated itself and was then cut off. I groaned, throwing my head back and scrunching up my nose.
A heard soft laughter emulating from behind me. I swivelled round to be greeted by a bloke about the same age as me with a toothy grin spread across his face from ear to ear. He took notice, turned a very dashing shade of pink and averted eye contact. He looked back at after about 30 seconds. I smiled politely, understanding the humour and he returned said smile.
His face was warm and welcoming with eyes that were heated and reflected the light perfectly. He had short brown hair that stuck upwards like peaks on a mountain and freckles and moles lined his pale skin like constellations of stars. To say the least, he was attractive.
While looking the boy up and down, I had forgotten the terrible experience of travelling by sub until a sudden shake of the carriage caused me to topple butt first onto the boy who had now returned to the attractive shade of pink. However, I could feel my own face heating to a brilliant shade of scarlet as my brain stumbled around trying to find the right words.
Shit was the first one that came to mind.
"I-uh- I-I am so sorry oh my..." I lost track of thought and laughed nervously. As I removed myself from his lap, I felt his hands slip across my hips and hold me in place. I turned back to face him, the pink tint had disappeared probably due to how much more embarrassed I was.
"Hey it's fine, you should probably stay seated for now, we don't want that happening again." He smiled kindly and I relaxed a little, losing the tenseness and sitting into his lap a bit more comfortably. A few minutes of awkward silence passed by. I sat staring into space avoiding all eye contact with this kid as he drummed small patterns onto my hips like a pair of cymbals.
"So what's your name?" He asked. I swivelled my head to look at him standoffishly.
"Hm?"
"Your name, what is it?"
"Oh! I um my name is newt." He smirked and furrowed his brows.
"That your real name?"
"Well, no but that's what people call me."
"Huh nice."
"What about you?"
"Oh yeah I'm Thomas, Thomas is my name" he said, clearly thinking about something, nodding slowly like he approved of his own name. For the next hour or so, we continued to small talk, losing the awkward and uncomfortable vibe until I was sat with him between my legs as to talk to him properly. Despite the number of stares we got, we spoke like two old friends.
Once more, the familiar bing and sing song voice ran through the speakers.
"We have now arrived at the next step. Please take caution and avoid the gap on the way out. Thank you!"
I sighed regretfully and pushed myself off his lap, smiling thankfully at him.
"Welp, this is me." I shrugged and sighed again. He smiled.
"This was fun. Maybe I could give you my number? Perhaps?"
I raised my eyebrows in a state of mild surprise.
"Yeah, yeah that sounds great." I fumbled with my phone and handed it to him. Within five seconds, it was handed back with the power off.
"Well thank you again and I'll text you."
He smirked.
"You better." I laughed nervously and stepped off the train, taking caution to avoid the gap as asked. The doors shut.
I opened up my phone to see a small message written in text.

999 999 999
Call me and maybe you can sit on my lap again x
Thomas
PS you're very cute

Stunned, I gaped back at the window to see Thomas smirking through the glass at me, clearly very proud of himself. He winked and disappeared down the dark tunnels of the sub.
Cheeky git.