Why newt's not aloud to drink

Newts POV

I wouldn't say I'm the typical 'let's get smashed' bloke at a party. Hell, I wouldn't say I'm a party person at all. But, when the suns shining in the right direction and I'm feeling frisky, I can't say I'm a 'say no' kind of guy either. This particular evening consisted of me being so off my face I couldn't walk straight, a ridiculously boring party and my designated walking guide and extremely handsome boyfriend Thomas.
"WHOOP WHOOP!" I called out through the streets, flailing my arms high in the air, spilling my beer over me like rain. The city was silent except for the occasional buzz of a car driving by and the warm laughter echoing from Tommy as we chased through the streets like headless chickens. I swivelled round to face him.
"Yknow," I began "we should do this every night. Every. Fucking. Night cos I LOVE it. I LOVE IT. Oh! This is great!"
"Yeah I'm sure it is you twit," he laughed that laugh of his, "maybe when you're sober, you'll change your mind."
"Hey! I do...what I want t-"
In the sudden moment, I tumbled backwards onto the road laughing and feeling rather ashamed of myself. An outstretched hand leaned out. I pulled myself up to my original standing position but this time, pressed so tightly against Thomas that his heartbeat could be felt throughout my chest. Without taking a step back, I held his face with my hand, brushing gently against the developing stubble on his jawline. He smirked.
"Y'know...has anyone ever told you...you are fucking beautiful! Just beautiful! I mean, have you looked in the mirror like damm!" He smiled and laughed softly under his breath at my remarks.
"Ok, I think you've had enough." He reached for the beer bottle in my hand. I outstretched it above my head and towards my back. He tried again and toppled forward, taking me down with him. We proceed to have a laughing fit in the middle of the street in an extremely compromising position at 3:00am.
I fell back in defeat.
"Well this is nice."
"Yeah...comfy"
I decided to take the opportunity to get a little friskier. In one swift motion, I rolled myself across, forcing him onto his back with me sat on top of him, exchanging positions. He stared in confusion for a brief second. Before he could say anything, I quickly cut him off with a solid if rather sloppy kiss, getting him interested. Within less than a second, he proceeded to kiss back. Before it could continue, we separated for a pause of air.
"I-I missed you today." I breathed seductively, our foreheads pressed together gently. He smiled a confused humorous smile. I could feel him scanning my torso and running his hands through my shirt down my sides.
"But I've been with you all day." He smirked once more.
I shook my head lightly.
"No...no not really." I smashed our lips together again, cradling his jaw with my fingertips before moving them down to grasp his collar and pull him forward. He broke it off again and I sighed in frustration.
"Wait...what do you mean?" he had a genuine ring of concern now. I ignored it and tried to press on with the makeout session but when two attempts were barred by his forearms, I slumped backwards in defeat. He sat up properly, adjusting me onto him for more comfort. His hand rested against my hips, holding me in place.
"I just...I missed being able to touch you... y'know? In public?" He remained silent and confused. I removed his arms from my chest and clasped his shoulders, running my thumbs along his collarbone like a massage.
"Yknow...like here...and here...and here...here I like the most...here you like the most..."
As I proceeded to ramble, marking out certain places with my fingertips, Thomas took a firm grip of my hands and pushed them away.
"Is there something wrong with not wanting an excessive amount of PDA huh handsy?" He let go and anticipated an answer. I let out a tired sigh and mumbled to myself, running my hand up and down his chest, feeling the curves of muscle and shape.
"I just...don't want to bore you." Within the city silence, he let out a suppressed if rather sharp breath, hurt or shocked by what I had just said.
"Bore me? How could you ever bore me?" I drifted into my drunken haze and drummed my fingers on his chest.
"Yknow, it's all like i'm the slacker, and you, you are always so lovely, you try so hard so get me to engage, you do all the work in the relationship. Whenever it's anything even remotely romantic, don't you ever feel like you're doing everything? Like I'm just tagging along? I feel like I owe you a lot more," I sat back and rubbed my fingers across my forehead like I had confused myself. I felt warm hands clasp around my own slowly and pry them away from my face. I stared at the ground next to my foot, avoiding Tommy as best as I could.
"Look at me."
I shook my head.
"Isaac Newton, look at me." He spoke with a stern tone, I could feel his hands grow a little tighter on mine but he slowly relaxed, rubbing his thumbs across my knuckles reassuringly.
I looked up and concentrated on his eyes, which intensely gazed back at my own, refusing to break away. I burrowed my brows as I stared a little harder.
"You could never bore me, ever. And please don't be thinking that you're not doing enough to make me happy ok? I don't need anymore than what I already have? Understood?"
I nodded vigorously.
"Understood."
"Good. Now get up, you look like a six year old, anymore of this and I'm taking you back to pre school."
I laughed drunkenly and sprawled onto my back, trying to collect myself. I couldn't stop. Strong arms hoisted me up and chucked me across a shoulder and began marching down the street back home. And that's when I passed out.