Please forgive me.

*Beaus P.O.V*

She hates me, she really hates me. I've really blown it this time huh? I just can't help but look after her. I don't want to see her get hurt. I know I should trust James, but I can't. Ever since our father left us, I've promised myself that I'd look after my siblings. Especially Penelope because she was a hug daddy's girl, and when he left she was heart broken. I promised her I'd never let her heart be broken ever again. I meant that. I fix her heart and made her feel loved when no one else did. The only person that keeps me going, my little sister, hates me. If anything bad happens to her I blame myself. Mostly because when I make promises I keep them. I've made sure Luke and Jai were ok and I do the same for Penelope. Jai and Luke and care for themselves more than Penelope. She's so shy and can be used so easily.

I remember the times when Luke, Jai, and I would trick her into getting us stuff by telling her that we'd time her. Or when our father left, I'd do her hair and give her advice. I love my little sister and I can't handle knowing that she hates me. I've called her phone number of times. She won't answer but I know her too well. I got in my car and headed towards the park. Whenever Penelope's upset she goes to this tree stump in the middle of the woods. I walked through the woods for about 5 minutes and found her sitting there with her head in her hands. Without even talking I ran up to her and hugged her.

"I'm so sorry Beau. You do know I don't hate you right?" She asks guilt in her eyes.

"I do now." I say with relief.

"You really believed me when I said I hated you?" she asks.

"Yes, but never mind that. Penelope, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so rough. I've promised you and myself that I'd keep you safe. That I'd never let anyone hurt you. I guess I just took it too far. Please forgive me?" I say kissing her cheek.

"Beau, your my brother. You've been there for me through everything. Of course ill forgive you."

"Also, I know James is a great guy and would never hurt you. So what I'm trying to say is, you can spend as much time with him as you'd like."

"REALLY?" she says excitedly.

"Yes." I say chuckling a little bit. I've never seen her so happy, he really cares about him.

That's when I realized that I no longer needed to worry about whether her heart was going to be broken. Because her heart was in the hands of someone special, someone who truly cared about her, someone who loved her as much as I do.