21

Maximus allowed the shear force of pent up anger through his system, his whole body physically shaking as he continued his ruthless rampage through the bodies of the undead. His veins popped as he uncurled his fist and his vision was clouded with dots of crimson red, urging him to spill blood.

That c*nt Zarcon had hidden himself in the mass of the undead, using them as a shield between him and the murderous lycan.

Maximus mentally snorted. If he thought he could escape Ignus, he had another thing coming.

Being King was not easy. Having a childhood filled with pain and abuse was even worse. And Max? Max had suffered through it all.

All of this was like a miniscule problem compared to the rest of his f*cked up life.

A small smirk slipped it's way onto the King's lips and his canines flashed through them as he finally spotted the betraying Elder.

He pushed each abomination away with ease using his claws and stalked the Elder, the feeling of revenge now the only thing in Maximus' mind.

Once he reached the Elder, he did not allow a split second for the Elder to react. His paw clutched the fragile neck of the betrayer and Max slowly lifted his small body off of the ground, squeezing as he did so.

Zarcon did not have any time to react. He grunted and struggled against the large paw of the King, trying to whisper ancient words of magic but it did not work. Ignus watched sadisticly as Zarcon turned a scarlet red, his eyes squinting and spilling water as a natural reaction the lack of air. It was music to his ears.

The more he tried, the quicker the air escaped his lungs.

Max smiled wider, his eyes shining with blood lust.

"This is for betraying the council."

His claws dug deep into the wrinkly skin of the old man and he pulled them across his stomach, watching in happiness as crimson liquid poured endlessly from the gaping wound.

"This is for thinking you can hurt my mate."

He clawed over the same wound, digging further into his body. The feeling of flesh against his paw only brought satisfication, the soft, squishy feeling giving him relief.

"This is for trying to overpower the crown."

This time, Max left the horrifying wound and aimed his next attack at the pointy ears peaking at either side of Zarcon's head.

The claws penetrated the flimsy skin and Max smiled once last time.

"And this? This is because I'm a f*cking psycho and I feel like it."

Maximus released a deep chuckle of pure giddiness as his claws elongated and winked at the crying Elder as he pulled his heart clean out of his chest.

Max's grip loosened and he dropped the Elder, holding his heart in one of his paws.

The King finally looked up to see all the zombies lying on the floor. His mate was staring at him, her eyes wide with fear.

Her lips parted and she whispered words that only Max heard.

"I love you."

Maximus closed his eyes as the adrenaline abruptly stopped it's journey and exhaustion filled his muscles. His eyes drooped dangerously low and the image around him blurred tremendously as he forced himself to think. He felt light headed and scared. Scared because he was about to faint, to be in his most weak state and not even make sure that his mate was okay. His eyes squeezed shut as he stumbled back and the pounding sound of his heart filled his ears, similar to the feeling of drowning in uncontrollable amount of water. Max tried to whisper Lana's name but the time he parted his lips, his vision only contained darkness.