Takao smirked. "That's good. We're ready to go." The moment he blinked, Kuroko was gone. "Hey, wait! How rude are you to suddenly disappear like that?!" His expression changed, and a grin appeared on his face. "Just kidding."

"Hyuga's free!" shouted Izuki, passing the ball to Kuroko. "Go!" The latter passed the ball, only to have it stolen by Takao again, shocking everyone from Seirin.

'Seriously?!' asked Kagami, who was shocked as well. Takao dribbled the ball towards the basket and scored.

"Too bad, Kuroko." murmured Midorima, glancing back at the said boy.

"That's the first time he's failed." noted Hyuga.

"No, that wasn't a mistake." corrected Izuki, surprising him. "Takao's got the same Eagle Eye that I have. No, his Hawk Eye's field of vision is even larger than mine. Kuroko's misdirection relies on redirecting the gaze of other players. However, the Hawk Eye allows him to see everything. He's not just trying to watch Kuroko."

'In other words, Kuroko's misdirection doesn't work against Takao.' thought Yasu, thinking the same thing as what Izuki was explaining to Hyuga.

Just then, the buzzer rang throughout the stadium. "Seirin, time out!" announced the referee. The players returned to the bench, each given a towel and water bottle before sitting down to rest.

'I can't believe he can follow Kuroko.' thought Yasu while glancing at Takao. 'I didn't think there was anyone like him.' She then noticed the boy looking back at her and smiled. She gave him a nod with confusion clear on her face before her focus returned to her team.

Kagami then grabbed Kuroko's head. "Hey, don't tell me you're going to keep letting them get you." he said.

"Well, I suppose I don't like it." he responded.

"That's what I like to hear!" said Kagami with a grin before turning to Riko. "Coach! Let us keep going like this... please."

"Like this?" she repeated, confused.

"You know your misdirection won't work against Takao, right, Kuroko?" asked Yasu. "Are you going to be okay?"

"I'm not okay." replied Kuroko truthfully. "I have a problem."

"I see." she said, giving him a nod.

"What are you going to do?" asked Riko.

Before he could reply her, the buzzer went off. "Time out over." announced the referee.

"Take care of Takao." said Kagami to Kuroko before glaring at Midorima. 'Let's go say hi.' he thought. 'We've got a new play to give them.'

The game then proceeded with Takao marking Kuroko as arranged by Shutoku's coach. "Hey, did you come up with a plan?" he asked teasingly.

"I'm still thinking." replied Kuroko bluntly.

"You're doing what?" asked Takao, not believing what reply he was given.

'Two games in a day is brutal.' thought Hyuga as he struggled to get past an opponent. 'I'm already exhausted.'

'And we're up against the King, Shutoku.' thought Izuki as Kimura was guarding him. 'If we let them get too far ahead, catching up will be difficult.' He tried to pass the ball to Mitobe, only to have a Shutoku player steal it before passing to Takao, who scored a basket, resulting in his team to be five points ahead of Seirin in less than three minutes.

"We control the pace of the game." said Otsubo to his team. "Stay on the attack!"

"A-Are the upperclassmen already short of breath?" asked a concerned Furihata.