Chapter Seventeen ✔️

Start from the beginning

Closed eyes, I attempted to step back, but he caressed his cheek against mine, stopping me. I complied. Without resisting, rising on my tiptoes I hugged him tightly. Pulling him closer to me than before. My cheeks now flushed as I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

I felt safe in his arms, but why is he hugging me? I attempted to pull away, but he restrained me, "Stop moving."

His nails sank into my shirt. The warmth that was there moments ago disappeared into thin air, giving a flash of cold. I winced as his nails deepened into my skin, surely leaving a mark. The pain was unbearable, it hurt so much.

"Connor, what are you doing- oh my, sorry, forget that I'm here, continue, you two can come down for dinner whenever." Without turning, I knew it was Lauren.

"We'll be down in a minute." His deep voice hummed against my own as he spoke, but once the door shut close he let me go. What was that for? Why'd he do that?

"Are you coming down or not?" he spat. I walked towards the door but he slammed the door shut behind him,

As I approached the door, he slammed it shut, catching me off guard, as I collided with the door hurting my head. I took a step back, the side of my stomach clashed against the shelf by the door. To see how bad it was I walked toward the mirror to see how bad it was. I pulled my shirt up to see marks.

Sighing, I adjusted my shirt and made my way downstairs. Each step I took, resembled a pile of pins and needles. Making the pain unbearble. Once I made it to the dinning room, I sat by the only sear that is available, right next to Connors. It seems as though they do this on purpose. Once I sat down, it clicked; sarah gone, the sudden embrace -- it was all a show for Lauren. It was all an act, to make it seem like we are getting along.

I don't understand why he's avoiding about the night from two weeks ago. Wait a minute, does that mean he cheated on Sarah with me? Oh my god. How did I just realize this now. I felt parched and about to ask Connor to pass it down but after what happened I don't think so. He would drop the jug of water on me instead.

The water jug, was on the other side of the table, I reached over but winced when the pain got worse. Connor intervened, bringing the jug closer. Just when I thought he would hand it to me he poured the water into his own cup.

"Mother, your glass looks empty, let me fill it in for you," he said. He filled it for his mother, then Chloe, leaving a single drop of water. Really Connor? Taking off my jacket. I got up and grabbed the second jug from across the table.

"Audrey, what happened? How did you get those bruises?" Lauren asked worriedly. Oh shit. I should have left my jacket on.

"My friend hugged me real tight. I'm okay though." She brushed her hand against my mark and I flinched back.

"Connor why don't you help her after dinner," Lauren asked and Connor nodded without looking up.

I returned to my seat, reching for my cup to fill it up but Connor stopped me. He took my cup and filled it himself. Was he feeling bad? He should. I stared at him with a perplexed expression, his actions aren't matching up with his words. He's so difficult to understand.

I stared at the food on the table. Should I bother eating? The last time I ate everyone insulted me.I focused on the water in front of me hoping that it would kill my appetite, one I was done drinking, I stood up to leave, only to be stopped my Connor.

"Aren't you going to eat?" he asked.

"Not hungry." I wanted to eat, but I couldn't. He held my arm and pulled me down into my seat. This time he placed food on my plate, while still holding onto my arm not, but this time not tightly.

I tried to eat, but it was really hard for me. The voices in my head were telling me not to. I tried to shake the thoughts away but I couldn't.

"Don't eat. Remember last time?"

"What will they say? Remember what they said. Don't forget."

"Just go, you don't need it."

I played with the fork that was in my hand and placed it back down. I can't do this.

"Just eat, don't think too much." Ignoring him I went on my phone.

"Put the fucking phone down and eat. If you don't I'll feed you myself." I choked on the water, is he serious? He grabbed my plate and grabbed my knife and fork. He divided the steak into peices, stabbing one into the fork, and held it in front of my mouth. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest. He raised his eyebrows at me and motioned me to open my mouth and I did.

A smile played against his lips as he fed me. Connor, what are you thinking?

I wasn't sure how to take this as. Was he faking again? Was it an act? Or did he feel the same way? Although, I don't remember what happened that night fully, but we were intimate. Did he not feel that as well?

I wasn't sure what he was thinking but I felt happy? I did everything at a young age all by my self. Him doing this healed my inner child a little, but I knew I couldn't get attached like the way I am with Aaron. I am scared that he will also walk away, turn his back on me just like everyone in my life had. I opened my mouth once more and we heard someone squeal. It was Lauren; she had the biggest smile on her face.

"You two are adorable. Imagine how your children will look like." This time I choked on the steak and it's stuck. Great, I'm going to die. Connor pulled my hair back so its' away from face. His left had placed the cup in front of my lips and motioned me to drink it. The right hand caressed my hair, easing me. I stopped him by holding hand motioning him that I was done.

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern. I nodded. I remove my hand from him, but he interlocked our hands.

"I'm glad that you two are getting along but we are sitting at the dining table, save that for later," Mr. Black said while laughing. They all laughed and continued their unfinished conversations. He looked down at our hands and instantly brought his hand back to his side.

His smile dropped, eyebrows furrowed, and said, "This was all an act."

"I'm doing this for my parents, so if you could kindly cooperate with me and not cause any trouble it would be great." I have to admit that hurt.

"It's getting late, Grandpa, should we go?" I asked. I have to go.

"Why don't you all stay for the night? It's already late," Steven suggested.

"I agree! We can eat cookies with tea," Lauren suggested. Grandpa laughed and agreed with them.

"Of course, anything for tea."

Why thank you, Grandpa, just what I needed. Do you want tea Grandpa? I'll give it to you. I think sarcastically.